“Another great meal at my favorite place in town!”
Review of El Azteca

El Azteca
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Wapakoneta
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Located off IS 75 @ exit 111 in OH
Description: Located off IS 75 @ exit 111 in OH
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Late Saturday afternoon for dinner. Note salsa and chips are brought to your table at no charge. We ordered, which we usually do, ordered some hot salsa with there is a small charge for.
If it's football night in town it will be packed prior to the game (these people here are crazy about their high school football teams, just saying....(no I am not a local - just live here).
Since the meals are so large, my husband and I usually order sides. However we ordered the Chef Special (I believe) which is a grilled steak with peppers and onions served with refried beans and chicken enchilada, along with pica and warm tortillas. Also ordered a beef and cheese nacho burrito with enchilada sauce - no red sauce as it is usually served with. We had more than enough to share.
If you have request to change something on way something is prepared they will try to make it the way you want if possible.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

When we went it was about half full and took forever to place our orders. But once we did, we got our food in about 5 minutes a little too quick to be fresh if you ask me. It wasn't the best it was ok. I've had better and I've had worse. But I think I'll stick with going to Lima for mexican food from now on.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stopped here unexpectedly for an early dinner. It was not busy so we were seated right away, however, the server was somewhat distracted or just a little slow. We eventually got our drinks and the food showed up quickly. The food was really nice and we all like our choices.
I will give this place another try the next time I visit Wapak. The server might have been having an off day.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Wasn't expecting much when I stopped in here for lunch, but wound up being pleasantly surprised on how much I enjoyed the food. I went with the Speedy Gonzales lunch special which included a taco (hard or soft) and an enchilada and your choice of rice or beans. While waiting for our lunch (which wasn't long), we enjoyed the chips and salsa. Overall, food was really good and my coworkers with me said they enjoyed their meals as well.

Booths felt a bit tight with four of us in there (and no, we aren't that big of people). Our waitress was just OK. I ordered tea but later realized I had the choice of raspberry tea or regular tea and I wish she had told me that. Likewise, with my meal selection, I felt she should have asked if I wanted my taco hard or soft. All that being said, I would certainly come back!

2  Thank GigemAggie
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went there for dinner, as it was one of the closest restaurants to the hotel we were staying at, Being from a big town, I am use to a lot of options and subsequently the prices also reflect that. This place was not bad, modest in appearance , decent in food and modest again in prices. It was pretty good for Wapakoneta.