“One of my BEST experiences at a Best Western”

Best Western Wapakoneta Inn
Best Western Wapakoneta Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wapakoneta
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“One of my BEST experiences at a Best Western”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My wife and I have to travel to Wapakoneta, Ohio from Fort Wayne, Indiana every two or three months and since December 31st, 2011 when I booked online in this Best Western we decided to stay here and do not go anywhere else.

The facility is clean, new, well decorated, everything works in the rooms, no housekeeping issues and no maintenance issues at all. Very good and dedicated management. Hot breakfast with a good variety of items. Friendly staff, very well located, what else can you desire ?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Centreville, Maryland
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Best Western has spiffed up the rooms from when it was a Holiday Inn Express - and added an elevator. Sound-proofing seems to have been improved as well - not so much noise from nearby I-75.
We stay here because of the location (genealogy research for families from the area).
I love the hot tub - great for relaxing after a long day of driving.
Breakfast is OK - I do miss HIExpress' cinnamon rolls, though.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We liked this property when it was a Holiday Inn, but Best W. has taken it up a notch. The entire property has been remodeled, and the rooms are clean and modern. Everything is very comfortable, and the front desk staff is friendly and knowledgeable. This hotel is an asset to the area. We will definitely stay here again when we visit family in the are.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed March 26, 2012

What a great hotel! Looked and smelled brand new, but come to find out the property was ~11 years old. It sure did not look slike it. The staff was great, the breakfast was great (pretty good selection too), the bed was comfortable, the room was spacious )nice), and the hotel was immaculate...very nice. Great for <$80 AARP rate. Recommend!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
WapakLodging, General Manager at Best Western Wapakoneta Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. It means a lot when people share positive experiences they have had. We hope to be your host again very soon!
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Staff was so friendly! We stayed here on our way back to Ontario from Florida. It was a great place to stay, nice pool, hot tub/gym. Free breakfast. Nice clean, comfortable rooms. Excellent!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brianne M
Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel team provided you such a great hotel experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again when visiting the Wapakoneta Area.
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I'm glad I persevered. My GPS led me not to the Best Western to which I pointed it, but to a "Western Inn" across the highway. That place looked a little scary. After driving around a bit, I asked at another property if the Best Western had closed, and was given the correct destination. If your GPS misleads you too, check across the road! This was well worth it.

Best Western now has 3 categories for their properties, and I usually go for the "plus" (middle) category. This BW did not have that designation, but I expect they will get it if they want it. They deserve it. My expectations were not of a "plus" property, although the rate was about $20-$25 higher than other chain hotels in the area that are usually comparable to the BWs.

Even if I had had higher expectations, this property would have exceeded them. The attention to cleanliness was exceptional. (I was pleased to see the gym equipment being wiped down thoroughly with antiseptics, for example.) The staff was extremely helpful--the attendant at breakfast even offered to make me a waffle and get me a fresh omelet. Yes, omelet. I declined both, but was pleased to be asked.

Honestly, I'm not sure that the extra service and attention to detail justified the price premium, but I'm glad I splurged a bit and would probably do it again--assuming, of course, that the social security checks keep coming and I remember that my GPS can be wrong.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2012

The staff at this hotel went out of their way to be helpful, which made our stay at this hotel one of the best during our vacation. The room was clean and spacious. Definitely will stay there again on our return trip!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
WapakLodging, General Manager at Best Western Wapakoneta Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
We appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our hotel does have an ultra-clean program and we are pleased that your experience reflected our efforts. We look forward to having you stay with is again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wapakoneta
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Country Inn & Suites Lima
#1 of 2 in Saint Marys
#3 of 4 in Sidney
Hampton Inn Sidney
Hampton Inn Sidney
#1 of 4 in Sidney
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites St Marys

Been to Best Western Wapakoneta Inn? Share your experiences!