“Starting to need some sprucing up”
Review of Carlisle Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Walnut Creek
Carlisle Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My mother and I stay here every year when we go back to Ohio. We had made our reservations a few weeks in advance and was surprised that we were put in the first room on the first floor right around the corner from the front desk. Maybe they save the higher floor rooms for walk ins. The Inn is starting to show its' age and needs some updating. The breakfast is nice and sausage is very good.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jesathome
MSHaun, General Manager at Carlisle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

I want to thank you for your review. I want to assure you that we have been working hard
on updating and upgrading the hotel and property. We have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes in the back of the house as well. Please feel free to share with me any specific
observations you have made in regards to improving or enhancing our hotel/property. I value and appreciate your feedback.
~Matt Haun, General Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed at the Carlisle Inn in Walnut Creek, it was so pretty, the rooms were spotless and the beds were very comfy. They served cookies in the lobby at night and they were delish, they came from the bakery next door. We had a room that had a balcony on the street, we sat out and watched the buggy's go up and down the road. Very peaceful country setting, the grounds were beautiful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the street..
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cypress101
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We just spent a night there, and it was very nice. Aside from not having a swimming pool, if you have kids and can live without a pool, it is a perfect location, in the Heart of Ohio Amish Country. I would stay there again, for sure, it was clean, nice breakfast in the morning, snacks from 6-9pm in the evenings, including popcorn, which my 4 and 6 year old loved. This place just pays attention to all the detail, making it a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Both sides have nice views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Nice room. A little pricey. When I went to checkout, the figure they presented on the credit card slip was too high. I pointed that out and they disagreed with me, quoting what I had purchased but not what the amount was for each. After signing the credit card slip, they printed out a receipt that showed the incorrect charges and where they had overcharged me. I pointed their error out and they agreed that I was correct. I felt the staff should have shown a better attitude before I had to find their error. It is in Amish country, but definitely not Amish.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randy O

Dear Valued Guest:

We want to thank you for taking the time to review our fine Inn. We also appreciate the
feedback. It is our goal and genuine desire to exceed our Guest's expectations.
We will work to improve our communications and billing process.
Thank you for visiting the Carlisle Inn and we hope that you'll give us another opportunity
to provide you with a stay that is characterized by excellence and 'peace and comfort'.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were a bit apprehensive about our reservation, as the only room available was a 1 queen smaller room. It was perfect! Very cozy with a large bathroom and a private balcony. The balcony overlooked the Amish countryside, and occasionally, a horse and buggy would drive by. The room was spotless and the breakfast was delicious in a pretty breakfast room. There were also snacks (awesome cookies, popcorn and ice tea) in the evening. Next door to Amish restaurant and across the street from shops. They even offered buggy rides. It was a great place to stay in the area--and the price was right!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karen p
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel along with his family for a total of 4 rooms. Each room was different in their decor and each had so much character. We stayed for 2 nights We were on the second floor where they have the breakfast room. They actually have 2 rooms to sit in. So there was plenty of room for everyone at breakfast. The breakfast was the basic continental breakfast but it was good and fresh. We had lunch and dinner at their restaurant that is within walking distance. The food was incrediably great. So easy to over eat. I would definitely come back here to stay. Oh, and the staff was excellent, very polite and welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gutseygal
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Carlisle Inn in Walnut Creek Amish Country, OH and loved it. We upgraded to what I think they called a business suite. Great room, very large, clean with a small balcony overlooking the rolling farm hills. It was close to all we wanted to see and do in the area. Certainly will come back if we're looking to stay in a hotel facility versus a B&B or cabin.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a large suite with a view of the countryside (rear).
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Berlin
4 mi away
Comfort Suites Berlin Hotel & Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Dover, OH

Been to Carlisle Inn? Share your experiences!