“You don't need to go to the Ritz to experience the Gold Standard” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wallhouse Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Wallhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Dover, Ohio
“You don't need to go to the Ritz to experience the Gold Standard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Absolutely an outstanding experience every time. I am a frequent guest and they continue to go above and beyond. The rooms are always spotless. Beds very comfortable and my unique preferences are in my room every time (extra blanket and 2 gatorades). They have a quality breakfast and you are hard pressed to find a Guest services team on the level of the Wallhouse. They definitely match the Ladies and Gentleman of the Ritz Carlton. Their gorgeous patio with gas fire pits was lovely on the warm day. I see many comments on here regarding the contemporary style and the location in Amish country. As the area moves forward, it will become harder to find a TRUE AND GENUINE Amish experience. Much of what travelers think is Amish is just a show, a façade. For me, the service and cleanliness is my priority. Kala, Leon and all the staff never lt me down.

Room Tip: Absolutely an outstanding experience every time. I am a frequent guest and they continue to go abov...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Glenmont, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

It is so refreshing to have a quality, upscale hotel in the area that is not the typical Holmes County lodging establishment. This hotel has a modern flair that doesn't trap you in a room with oak furniture and a quilt bed cover. Not that oak and quilts are bad, they are everywhere in Holmes County - except here! I had a fantastic Valentine's Day weekend at the Wallhouse. I was able to view Holmes County's charm elsewhere, but returned to a clean, modern facility to relax. Thank you, Wallhouse!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Bathroom was large and loved the large shower. Breakfast was excellent with a good variety. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Would definitely recommend to others. Would stay here again - totally satisfied!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Karen T, Director of Operations at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Wallhouse Hotel and giving us such a shining review. We are delighted you had a great experience! We are constantly striving to improve things we think might not be perfect, so to have you benefit from it, is our pleasure. Thank you again.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Lovely hotel that is different from the usual place to stay. Interesting modern decor. Great breakfast and snacks. Kids loved the pool. Wonderful central location. My only complaint would be that the rooms only have overhead lighting. Throw in a lamp and it would be perfect!

Room Tip: Coblentz is a wonderful chocolate candy shop across the street. Don't miss it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nancy W
Quaker City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We live an hour away from Amish Country and my children 2 & 5 and my husband and I love it here. The hotel was so clean and modern. I had no complaints. The beds were very comfortable and the bedding smelled fresh and was soft. My girls loved the pool and I enjoyed the hot tub. The front staff girls were great and very polite. The restaurant next door is close and delicious. The free breakfast buffet was good as well. The rooms and grounds are just beautiful.

Room Tip: They put us on the ground floor, near the pool. We parked out back. There was a patio door in our...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Maria K
Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I found this hotel online when doing some planning for a little getaway with some friends. We fell in love with the hotel from the website alone and basically planned our entire trip around this hotel. We literally went out of our way to stay here because it seemed so unique and modern. When we finally arrived at the hotel it did not disappoint we loved every aspect of the hotel.

We had amazing customer service, very clean, impressive design, and just an all around beautiful and fantastic hotel. If you are coming to Amish country on purpose then for sure stay here you will not be disappointed the staff will go out of their way to make you feel welcome and do whatever they can to make your stay perfect. If you are just looking for a getaway an don't really have a spot in mind then this is also your place. Guests will be amazed by all the details from a tv in the bathroom mirror of our suite, great decor, and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on.

The indoor pool, whirlpool, and outdoor fire pits area is great and we experienced great wifi service. The only thing I would say that could use some improvement was the breakfast it was missing some advertised items and could use an little upgrade. It was still good but just could be better.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to upgrade to the Wallhouse Suite its well worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nina P
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I travel often to the area for business and always stay at a hotel that is my "go to" place when I'm in the area. I happened to drive by this brand new hotel and figured I would give it a try. Well, I was very happy to find that I now have a brand new "go to" place that I can look forward to visiting in the future! I have to warn anyone that doesn't like modern, you are going to hate this hotel because it is ultra modern and minimalistic. While I wouldn't decorate my home this way, it was perfect for keeping a clean space! I can't say the word clean often enough, this hotel is CLEAN. The rooms are clean and well decorated, the bathrooms are clean and very well decorated, the lobby space was also…..well, you get the idea! The front desk staff was also really nice and went out of their way to give us restaurant tips and information. I would have given this hotel five stars except for two things, our room had horrible water pressure in the shower and the breakfast was severely lacking in quality. The upside to the water pressure negative is that we had two rooms in our group and the other room didn't have this issue so I assume it was just my room that had a problem and the rest of the rooms have adequate pressure. The breakfast issue is something that needs to be fixed quickly. The coffee was cold, the eggs were gone, the pastries were gone, the grits were gone, etc... and we waited for 20 minutes after telling the staff and no new food showed up to replace the empty trays, even though there was an hour left to the breakfast service and many people were annoyed. I will definitely give this hotel another chance though because it was just too nice not to!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the higher floors looking out the back, the views were wonderful!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank luv2travel1229
Brian M, Owner at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for reviewing The Wallhouse Hotel. We're thrilled that you liked the decor and appreciated our relentless efforts to provide an immaculate hotel for our guests. We also apologize for the two areas you pointed out in your review. Fortunately, the water pressure in your room was caused by a localized problem that has been fixed since. And, the breakfast was definitely a miss by us. The oven was turned off prematurely, and by the time the mistake was noticed it was too late to keep up with the group that was in the breakfast area. Again, we're sorry for our mistake. We promise the next time you stay with us, there will be a hot, delicious breakfast for you to enjoy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
Holmes with a View
Holmes with a View
#4 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to The Wallhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!