“The Wallhouse Hotel”

The Wallhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I read a couple of the reviews & just had to write my own. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. We all have differents interests/likes/dislikes. I ,myself, loved the Wallhouse. It is a beautiful hotel inside & out. Stayed there with my husband & three children. Our room was clean top to bottom. The beds were very comfortable & I can't get the white comforters out of my mind. I want to know the brand so I can buy them for our beds. The shower! I loved it...tiled & could fit 10 people in it. It was my favorite. We used the pool. My kids loved it! There is an exercise room. Complementary breakfast. Modern seating & flatscreen TVs. The employees were so nice & helpful. There are two fire pits outside near the pool which is inside. The pool is glass enclosed so you can see the pits from inside. Plenty of seating outside to relax. Rooms have balconies. Give the Wallhouse a try! I am really into the decor like the Wallhouse. I feel it is simplistic & modern, lofty feel. It is not cluttered which makes it relaxing. It is a breath of fresh air! Again we all have different tastes. I am glad the Wallhouse is one of the choices for lodging in Amish Country. It doesn't belong in LA. It belongs right where it is...for us to enjoy! Thank you for a great visit to the Wallhouse & Amish Contry!

Room Tip: Select a room on the upper floor for balcony & great views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank steeler14
There are newer reviews for The Wallhouse Hotel

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have been traveling through Amish Country the last few months filming a documentary on the Amish Lifestyle. I must say it is so refreshing to see a Hotel that does not take advantage of the Amish by calling itself "DUTCH" which most Amish find offensive as they are not from Holland nor wear wooden shoes.

The decor is not your typical hokey Amish Quilted/Country decor, it is however modern upscale boutique and gorgeous. It makes all the other area hotels look outdated. The room views are spectacular, the rooms are huge, fresh and clean, clean, clean!

The staff went out of the way for us on everything, truly the best hotel staff in Amish country,
and Amy at the front desk was an absolute angel.

Some people might like that touristy fake Amish stuff, but as a younger group of people we appreciated the New Ultra modern 2.0 look and all the modern amenities from Wi-Fi, the TV embedded in the bathroom mirror to the Salt Water Pool that doesn't make the whole Hotel smell like a Bleach Bottle.

This is the Future of traveling right here right now in a huge tourist area and a breath of fresh air.

Best of all ... I was told it was built and owned by three local Amishmen.

It's a must stay Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Allen N
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I love going to Amish Country for a quiet get-away in our beautiful state. We've stayed at a variety of B&B's as well as hotels in the area. This hotel was the only one available the the time we were visiting and we couldn't believe we had never heard of it before from our many trips. Wow! It was awesome! Just because you are visiting Amish country doesn't mean you have to stay in lodging that is tired, out-dated and "country" looking. I like the fresh, upbeat decor, but more importantly, it is clean and dare I say luxurious! Everything about this hotel is fresh and the staff is awesome! We used the beautiful indoor pool...something most Amish area hotels do not have, and then moved to the patio where the staff lit the modern glass fire pits for us! I think this is the perfect addition to the Walnut Creek area to draw in a younger clientele while using natural building materials so that it looks like it blends into the natural landscape in which it resides. I highly recommend staying at this hotel!

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a view and were given a higher floor for a view of the western side. There...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank abcdebbieday
Brian M, Owner at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review The Wallhouse Hotel. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Our salt water pool has been a big hit with our guests, especially when the weather allows for the glass walls to be opened up to the stone patio. Thank you for your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We usually stay at the berlin grande in walnut creek but decided to try the new hotel last week. This hotel does not fit the area. The rooms and the lobby are not warm and inviting. It is very clean but the furniture was too modern and not comfortable and cozy. They also have very small tv's with poor clarity. They had a very nice shower but I prefer bathtubs and none of the rooms have a tub. I don't think I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie B
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Call me old-fashioned. Call me backwards thinking. But I'm a 41 year-old software developer and I just don't get this place in Amish Country. My wife and I toured here for the Christmas Cookie Tour of Inns in December of 2013. The staff and (owners/managers) were all amazingly friendly people. The treats they offered were top-notch (save for the coffee which was just horrible) and they put a lot of thought and time into the festive atmosphere that day. But I felt like I was on another planet. The funky green leather chair with crisscross shiny chrome legs looked like something out of a Jetson's cartoon. The bright neon green lobby with white leather couches made us feel like we were visiting Clark Griswald's stuck-up neighbors from Christmas Vacation. Sorry, but this hotel will NEVER be on my list. In fact, we purposely didn't even fill out the "win a free night here" ticket because we said that if we won, we wouldn't even come! My comment in the lobby was, "I feel like I'm on the inside of an iPhone."

I don't understand how this is a "GEM" in the middle of the olde world Amish of Holmes county. It belongs downtown LA, not downtown Walnut Creek. It's "Walnut Creek". What about that name screams ultra modern? It doesn't. It softly says wood tones, floral patterns, and rustic hardwood floors. I know I'll take heat for this review, and I do wish the owners good luck, but I honestly think it's tragic to start opening establishments like this in the heart of one of the most naturally beautiful places in this country. It belongs in the big city packed with BMWs and Mercedes, not the back roads dotted with horses and buggies.

2 stars instead of one because the staff were really nice people and the place was hyper clean.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank dkellgren

Thank you for your review. We encourage all of our guests to provide feedback so we can continuously improve. We understand you didn't appreciate our upscale, modern decor. However, we're very encouraged that you gave high marks to the two things that we are most passionate about . . . keeping our hotel immaculate, and providing unmatched personal service. Our team will always be focused on these very important priorities.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

If you love modern, sleek and sophisticated style, you came to the right place! Beautifully decorated lobby with fireplace and posh white leather sofas welcome you. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious, two double beds, balcony, huge bathroom, kitchenette with fridge and microwave and Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea selection! The pool and fitness room are another big plus. What is not to love about the Breakfast area? Wallhouse coffee, tea, eggs, sausages, gravy, biscuits, yogurt, muffins, etc. This hotel has just been opened in June of 2013 and still smells new! I was also amazed about the price per night, how affordable! Why stay at the other big hotel in town?! We will definitely return here!!

Room Tip: it is worth the upgrade to get the room with a view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TicketandGo

Good evening and thank you for your review. The double queen vista rooms are a favorite among our guests so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it as well. Yes, locally made muffins and coffee to top of a great breakfast. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon. Happy New Year!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We booked this hotel after a recommendation of a couple who were staying there. Beautifully laid out, large room with balcony, excellent facilities and breakfast thrown in! Be aware this is a 'dry' area being in the heart of Amish country and the hotel does not sell alcohol, but they do provide wine glasses!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony as the views across the countryside are lovely,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to The Wallhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!