We attended a special event here on October 5th, 2012. In years past we have used the Rodeway Inn (next door) but some other attendees said they liked the HIE better so we came here instead. The room price here is somewhat higher, but we didn't mind that. The Express breakfast is a LOT nicer, and the Holiday Inn Express doesn't smell like cigarette smoke in rooms and hallways. It is a smoke free property!!
The beds were super comfortable, and our room was very quiet except for an occasional sound out in the hallway of a door slamming. Our room was a queen double on the top floor facing west, which we requested. The decor is wonderful clean bright and modern. This hotel is like brand new.
In the immediate area there is the Galaxy Restaurant just next door which has a full service dining room, a separate sports bar, a patio bar and lounge, a wine bar and a banquet facility, all open late. Close by there is a Bob Evans restaurant, which opens early, and across the Main Street is a Walmart Plaza with all the fast food places to eat. Still, the Wadsworth area is in the safest part of Ohio that I know of and I have lived in this state a long time.
The desk staff was helpful and very efficient. I made my reservations direct through the in house reservation department. We did not stay long enough to use any of the other stuff like the swimming pool or exercise equipment.
One more thing about the breakfast. Holiday Inn Express hot breakfasts are the same everywhere, free for guests, and some of the best you will find. Eggs and sausage gravy and biscuits, milk, coffee and juice, yogurt and fruit, bagels toast and sweet rolls, a pancake making machine which appeals to the kids, sometimes they have bacon or sausage, and comfortable seating, you just help yourself and stay as long as you like (they will terminate food service at 10AM).
The Holiday Inn Express in Wadsworth, Ohio is one of the best places to stay in the Summit -Medina area, and I would recommend it to any traveler who demands a little extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wadsworth is committed to making our hotel your home away from home. The Galaxy Restaurant (adjacent to our hotel) offers a fine dining room, sports bar, wine bar, Gourmet Cafe/Market, patio and room service for our guest's satisfaction. Also, for meeting and banquet facility requirements, our location can accommodate up to 500 people.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wadsworth is conveniently located between Akron and Cleveland just off I-76 and is easily accessible to I-71, I-77 and SR-21. We are also just minutes from Barberton, Norton, Lodi, Orrville, and Seville.Our Wadsworth hotel is designed with the sophisticated business traveler s requests in mind. All of our guest rooms are equipped with cable TV and high speed/wireless Internet access. Our public and meeting areas have wireless Internet access as well. Our hotel offers free local phone calls, free Continental breakfast,an extensive fitness room with an array of individual weight stations. Our pool room features a whirlpool, sauna and a small indoor exercise pool (8'x18').The goal of our friendly and service oriented staff is to create a Great Hotel Guests Love! We are continuously striving to make your stay exceptional...so stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wadsworth! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wadsworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Wadsworth
- Holiday Inn Wadsworth
- Wadsworth Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Wadsworth
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wadsworth Ohio