“Large Location with a Large Varied Menu” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Galaxy Restaurant

The Galaxy Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Galaxy Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Wadsworth
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-76 and Rt. 94 (Exit #9)
Description: Northeast Ohio's most unique restaurant and banquet facility. At The Galaxy Restaurant you will find a multitude of dining options including our Main Dining Room, the cozy Wine Room at the Galaxy, the exciting Galaxy Sports Bar & Patio, the elegant Galaxy Banquet Center, and the gourmet Galaxy Cafe' Market. Only the Galaxy Restaurant can provide such an array of fresh foods with the type of service that you expect. From elegant weddings to an intimate dinner for two, our philosophy of providing the best food in a unique atmosphere with uncompromising service stands true.
Cleveland, OH
“Large Location with a Large Varied Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Galaxy is a mega sized restaurant on the outskirts of Akron, Ohio. I recently booked an event there and was surprised by the quality of the food. As a professional chef, I approach a new restaurant experience with a jaundiced eye. The menu is rather large which can sometimes signal that the restaurant is trying to be jack of all trades and master of none.

I will gladly admit that I was very pleasantly surprised not only by the items I ordered but what others in my party had (there were ten guests in our group). The food was not only well seasoned but well presented with vibrantly fresh vegetables on the plates and attractive garnishes.

The wine list is a bit on the expensive side but it is expansive and comprehensive - many pages long. It is well organized by bin numbers, making it easy for the server to retrieve it from the cellar.

The only critique I would have involves a personal preference for smaller, cozy restaurant venues. The Galaxy is massive in size and does not engender a feeling of warmth. But, that should not stop you from going there. The food is good!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Latin L
Mike A, Guest Relations Manager at The Galaxy Restaurant, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thanks so much for the review of the Galaxy, we're glad that you enjoyed your visit. The Galaxy can seem a little over the top with all of our different restaurants under one roof, but that's exactly what we've tried to offer is a variety of atmosphere for everyone. I wanted to mention the Wine Room, only because we often portray the wine room as our smallest and most cozy atmosphere, with only 9 tables, warm fireplaces and inviting atmosphere. But regardless of where you dine we wish only to serve the best product and service around. Thank you again for the kind comments.

- Sean Leatherman, Proprieter, Galaxy Restaurant.

Dover, Ohio
“Fantastic meal with some great friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Last night, we had an incredible meal with Executive Chef Angus serving basically a 5 course "chef tasting" meal with 2 fantastic wine pairings. This is the 2nd year we have done this at Galaxy with some great friends as part of our Christmas Celebration and will do it again! How the "chef tasting" work is that Angus will come to your table and ask about your likes and dislikes and then "create" the meal. We did the meal in their "wine tasting" room which has a very nice atmosphere. One person in our party needs to have a "Gluten Free" meal and they were easily able to accommodate this. For dessert, one person in the party "asked" if Angus could create a special dessert and that was wonderful and the regular desserts were great as well. We definitely would recommend this for an anniversary or special occasion dinner.

Waynesburg
“They take care of all your needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just spent 2 days,stayed at their holiday inn next door, went to their rat pack review show,with dinner. Great show and great dinner. Breakfast included at hotel then spent the afternoon back at galaxy's sports bar to watch buckeyes win. Back to galaxy in evening for their annual food and wine show. Food was beyond expectation with wine coming from their wine cellar,also jazz music to top of the evening. You just walk next door to hotel. They aim to please you,no matter if you are at the sports bar or having a great bottle of wine at their wine bar. It's like being on a cruise for 2days! Great weekend in ne Ohio

Akron, Ohio
“Nice place to watch a game and get a meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

The first time we went, we sat in the dining room, "under the stars" (basically glow in the dark stars on the ceiling). Each booth has a TV to watch whatever you want to watch (we choose the news since there were no games on at the time.) There are various big screens to watch all sorts of games. I had the chicken wrap with sweet potato fries, very good! We went again a few weeks ago to have the must hyped "Galaxy Burger". We weren't fans. I understand they use a mixture of beef that was favorless to us. We also had the potato skins as an appetizer, which were dry. We will go back, but we won't be having the burgers. I'll stick with the chicken wrap.

Visited September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Just what we needed after October snowstorm.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

After my wife got stuck driving though Cleveland in rush-hour after an early season snowstorm, I gave her a choice for dinner. We could drive the short distance from our hotel in Seville to El Patron and have Mexican and margaritas or drive into Wadsworth and try a steakhouse that we hadn't been to before and have dinner with cocktails and wine. Easy choice..cocktails and wine!

My wife called from the hotel room to see if we would need reservations. Te hostess asked which dining room we wanted. My wife told her about the drive and she suggested the Wine Room which would be a little more relaxing after the drive. When we arrived we were greeted and taken directly to our table and given our menu and wine list.

One look at the wine list and I thought it was some sort of trick. This was their wine special night, many wines listed between $10 and $15 a bottle. Usually we would order a cocktail and glass of wine with dinner. I asked our server, Salli, if these were full bottles or splits. She assured me that they were full bottles and if we didn't drink it all, under Ohio law they could seal the bottle for us to take home, which we did.

Salli was perfect throughout the meal. We told her we wanted to relax with our cocktails before jumping into our meal. I asked her about the veal cutlet saltimbocca special. She said at last check, there were only a few left. If I wanted it, she would ask the chef to hold one for me but not put the order in until we were ready for dinner. We placed our dinner orders with her and she waited until I said we were ready to put the orders in.

The entire meal was perfect. Every course brought when we were ready. Since I had the last veal cutlet, the chef made a special serving presentation. The manager stopped by our table a number of times throughout the meal see if everything was OK. It was.

Definitely will return here again.

• Visited October 2013