“The Most Expensive Bar Ever!!!!!”

The Galaxy Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Galaxy Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Wadsworth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-76 and Rt. 94 (Exit #9)
Description: Northeast Ohio's most unique restaurant and banquet facility. At The Galaxy Restaurant you will find a multitude of dining options including our Main Dining Room, the cozy Wine Room at the Galaxy, the exciting Galaxy Sports Bar & Patio, the elegant Galaxy Banquet Center, and the gourmet Galaxy Cafe' Market. Only the Galaxy Restaurant can provide such an array of fresh foods with the type of service that you expect. From elegant weddings to an intimate dinner for two, our philosophy of providing the best food in a unique atmosphere with uncompromising service stands true.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I must be honest and say I didn't have anything to eat here, but my boyfriend and I stopped in to see an old friend of his that was attending a dinner event. I am a Moscato wine drinker and when I order it, I swear to you it was the smallest "wine glass" I have ever seen. They say that is was only filled 1/2 full because of it being a "reserve" wine. That was $7 later. Since we were visiting I had one more. Not only was the glass a different size by probably 3oz., it was closer to $8! I did say something to the bartender whom in returned stated it was a "reserved" wine. I guess the different glass sizes were "reserved" as well for those wanting a glass of store bought Moscato wine. The size of the glasses were not even acknowledged. I invite anyone to stop and just ask to see the tiny wine glasses that are passed off as the same size.

1  Thank Teresa G
Bandguy01, Guest Relations Manager at The Galaxy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent visit to the Galaxy. In this instance you have helped us identify a facet of our wine service that was in need of some clarification for employee and patron alike.
Moscatto is a fantastic varietal that we sell in several manners. We have a beautiful bottle of Moscatto di Asti that is only sold by the bottle and we also have the Dessert Moscatto which is sold by the half bottle or with a 3 oz. glass pour for $8.00.

The only Moscatto that we sell by the glass is the special dessert style which is much more expensive and containing a high amount of residual sugar; the bottle itself is half the size of a typical bottle of Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon etc. and it is served in a small stemmed glass where the 3 oz. pour looks appropriate. So, it seems that the bartender did the correct thing in one regard but failed to communicate with you the difference between what you were looking for and what you received.

As for the explanation of the Moscatto "being on the reserved list" I can only deduce that it was a bartender that was unfamiliar with this dessert wine and did not clarify or explain the difference in the style of Moscatto which would explain the small glass for $8.00.

I truly believe that we have something for everybody on our wine list. It has won a Spectator Award of Excellence every year since 2000 and our prices are very reasonable. Please, if you would be so kind, give us another opportunity to take care of you correctly. There are several wines that we pour by the glass that would have, in my opinion, been worthy substitutes for Moscatto and you had better believe that I am making sure that all of the bartenders at the Galaxy are aware of what they are serving.
In closing I hope that you will accept my personal apology for this miscommunication. I look forward to hearing from you and welcome an opportunity to take care of you properly.

Angus O'Hara, Executive Chef Galaxy Restaurant

There are newer reviews for The Galaxy Restaurant

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Fantastic steak and fish. The service is amazing. We enjoy going here for special occasions and don't take the kids. The prices are on the high side. If you enjoy a unique dining experience this restaurant is for you!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The location is right next to the Holiday Inn Express and has good food. Has a nice sports bar, as well as a upscale restaurant to meet all your dining needs.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Wine Room and Wine Cellar section of the Galaxy are great for dining with an excellent selection of wines-------but the food falls short of the wine experience. The main restaurant has recently been reinvented as a steak house and the same menu is offered in the Wine Room. Our party ordered three different steaks, the "Cowboy" rib-eye, the NY strip, and the filet. All three were heavily seasoned with the Chef's special rub which was heavily spicy and very salty. We could not taste the flavor of the beef because the rub was so overwhealming, and it also detracted from enjoyment of a good bottle of aged Bordeaux. In addition the mashed potatoes served with the strip and filet were not hot and not seasoned. The vegetable side was mostly fresh but virtually uncooked green beans.

However, other diners seemed very pleased with their bone-in Cowboy rib-eyes. I also complement our server who was very attentive with a good understanding of the wine service.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were late going out for dinner and ended up here at the sports bar. They have quite a menu of burgers and sandwiches. We had a big group but they were very accomodating. It did take a while to get the food but the server was very nice and had a good sense of humor. Overall, a pretty decent experience.