“Good steaks and menu in general”

The Galaxy Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Galaxy Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Wadsworth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-76 and Rt. 94 (Exit #9)
Description: Northeast Ohio's most unique restaurant and banquet facility. At The Galaxy Restaurant you will find a multitude of dining options including our Main Dining Room, the cozy Wine Room at the Galaxy, the exciting Galaxy Sports Bar & Patio, the elegant Galaxy Banquet Center, and the gourmet Galaxy Cafe' Market. Only the Galaxy Restaurant can provide such an array of fresh foods with the type of service that you expect. From elegant weddings to an intimate dinner for two, our philosophy of providing the best food in a unique atmosphere with uncompromising service stands true.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Love going there for prime rib on Saturdays. Good beer and wine list. Three different restaurant rooms to choose from: Wine Room, Steakhouse, and Sports Bar. Also have a dessert area in the lobby if you would like to take something home with you. Entertainment and parties throughout the month, year around. Try the chocolate mousse bombe...to die for, with a good cup of coffee!

1  Thank whobyo0

Reviewed January 12, 2013

the food was very mediochre at best, and the prices were very high for the quality. The steak one of our guests had was full of fat and grissle. My husband had the special, some kind of steak dish, and it was not any better. We also had a housse salad that was made with iceberg lettuce and a piece of tomatoe. The soup of the day was a watery version of cheese and beer.

2  Thank Patricia Z
GalaxyRestaurant, Owner at The Galaxy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

We sincerely apologize for the recent experience as described in your posting. We take any concern seriously and will do what is necessary to correct a situation. We would have been happy to fix any problems during your visit if we had known. Nonetheless, please feel free to call us so we can further discuss your experience. We want nothing more than for you to come back to the Galaxy so we can deliver the good food and service that you deserve. Thank you.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We recently dined at The Galaxy with my Sister and her family. This was their second time there in two weeks. This isn't just a place to eat dinner but to enjoy the food, the atmosphere and an overall experience. The chef is beyond amazing. If given the opportunity, he will come to your table, but he doesn't just say " thank you for coming". He talks to you about why he does what he does and his philosophy. He is an amazing person. It doesn't stop there. The server(Jerry) my sister and her family had last time stopped at the table to say hello as well as the manager (Ed). Our server Amy had fun with us. Everyone was positive, pleasant and fun. The food was amazing. Steaks and seafood that melt in your mouth and desserts that you just can't resist.

This is one place we can honestly say we will go back and recommend. I do not recommend places often as they tend to get over crowded. The Galaxy and their staff deserve all business opportunities.............they are just that good!

1  Thank betsy w
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went to the Circle L Steakhouse at the Galaxy to celebrate my Father-in-law's 91st birthday. Jerry our waiter was so wonderful! The menu had so many delicious selections it was hard to choose. My kids (ages 13 and 11) loved it so much, they begged us to go back. So we did! and we didn't even wait a week to do it. This time we experienced the Wine Room and another great server, Amy!! We even got to meet Angus O'Hara the executive chef. He is a genius! and not just with food -- he is a master sommelier, and speaks 7 languages! He has a philosophy of Genuine Hospitality - and it truly showed throughout the whole experience. And Ed Arment, the manager, made us feel at home.

My son had the 10oz filet both times and will have it again the next time! My daughter had the lobster mac and cheese the first visit and gobbled it down; and then the Baked Penne Spectacular on the 2nd visit and declared it the "best pasta I have ever had!" My husband tried the Limousine Steak -- "superb!" and I had the Black Grouper with Angus sauce - wonderful!

We can't wait to go back and try out the sports bar! -- the kids hope it will be soon!!

1  Thank TheresaW622
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband & I went to The Galaxy Restaurant in Wadsworth, Ohio for the first time to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the brand new renovation to the dining room. We were impressed with the menu selection and I ordered the signature item, the Cowboy Ribeye steak. We were taken care of by an experienced waiter, Joe, who took special attention to all our needs and wants during our meal. We were delighted to be personally visited by Executive Chef, Angus O’Hara. Of course we had to express our delight and compliment him on how we appreciated the quality and details of the presentation to his culinary creations! Lastly, we were given a warm welcome by Ed Arment, Diningroom Manager, who then surprised us with a wonderful finishing touch to our memorable evening. We were very impressed with our experience and would highly recommend this fine dining experience to our friends & family.