“Has gone steadily down hill; last two visits were upsetting over seating issue. Tab”

The Galaxy Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Galaxy Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Wadsworth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-76 and Rt. 94 (Exit #9)
Description: Northeast Ohio's most unique restaurant and banquet facility. At The Galaxy Restaurant you will find a multitude of dining options including our Main Dining Room, the cozy Wine Room at the Galaxy, the exciting Galaxy Sports Bar & Patio, the elegant Galaxy Banquet Center, and the gourmet Galaxy Cafe' Market. Only the Galaxy Restaurant can provide such an array of fresh foods with the type of service that you expect. From elegant weddings to an intimate dinner for two, our philosophy of providing the best food in a unique atmosphere with uncompromising service stands true.
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This used to be one of our favorites on a work night. Quality of food has declined and seating has become an issue. "Imaginary" people have reservations at your favorite table and so they won't seat you there--seems there is a 'policy' which they are dumb enough to tell you, that they assign these tables in some order for the night in the wine room. When you are they ONLY people in the room for the entire meal and you have been seated at a table other than your favorite, you question such a policy. I say, GREAT. Let someone else enjoy a small table and mediocre food -- we'll try another place. Good wait staff -- some better trained than others but we're done.

2  Thank chalkduster

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I live in Chicago, was a Steakhouse House Chef paying for my College Education, I know a great steak when I find one. And at the Galaxy Sports Bar I surely found one of the best. I just had a bone in ribeye that was out of this world! This steak rivals anything I have ever had at Mortons, Ruth Chris or any where else. And who would have thought it would be in a sports bar. The meat was a perfect cut bone in, prepared perfectly. The scallops also were perfect and the scalloped potatoes.....OMG! Executive Chef Angus O'Hare knows his stuff that is for sure. He delivered the sizziling skillet platter then table side poured a shot of bourbon on the plate that created an aroma one likely smells when entering heaven. Later in the meal he persoanlly came out to make sure I was satisfied and oh boy was I! The steak was prepared a perfect rare the temperature could not have been more perfect. The meat was flavorful and melted in your muth just as the plump scallops did. And those scalloped potatoes with bacon bits WOW! If in Wadworth Ohio you must stop in and let Chef O'Hare prepare one of the best steaks you will ever have. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

the prices are set on a apple bee budget..but the food is savoring no matter if you order a burger and fries..or lobster and steak...the have the basics of three different restaurants in one ..a sports bar with out door patio that also has a bar thats is very comfortable and relaxed,a wine bar room to chat at or enjoy a dinner with classy seating..or the main dinning room that in decked to the nines in formal style...the hold awesome parties ...everything absolutely one of the best places in ohio!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have eaten at the Galaxy more than a dozen times, mostly out of convenience because its close to where i work, and mostly at lunch . I had dinner in the wine room tonight, solo, at the bar. Peppercorn flat iron steak over parmesan fries. Woo hoo. The steak was cooked exactly to my medium rare specs, but aside from the wine, the fact that the steak was cooked properly was the highlight of the meal. If it weren't for the peppercorns and the A-1, there would have been no flavor to the chewy steak at all. The "parmesan" fries were simply fries, no parmesan in sight or in flavor.

This place thinks that they have the upper hand on gourmet in Wadsworth, but to me they are at best mediocre. I ordered the chicken picatta last time i was there. The only sides offered were one or another version of potato, so I asked if I could get penne pasta on the side. I got the penne 20 minutes after the entree was served, and it was just a bowl of noodles. No sauce, not butter, no nothing, just pasta. They have a cook, but in my opinion they don't have a chef. Maybe its the owners nephew or something that heads the kitchen, but until they figure out that their food is just plain average, they will never be more than just that, average. marginal steak, dry chicken, dry salmon, hard butter, dinner rolls straight from the freezer. The fare doesn't justify the prices for the food or the wine. Fish and chips? I have never caught a fish in the shape of a triangle, but that's what I got at the Galaxy. I have eaten at the sports bar, and at the wine bar. I will never go into the "fine dining" area. I have no intention of being disappointed or ripped off at a bigger scale that I already have been. This place is just a HUGE disappointment. it could be so much more. Try Thyme in Medina, just north of the square. (I don't work there btw) Well worth the drive from anywhere in the area. I wish I could say the same about Galaxy. The chef/owner at Thyme gets it gets it. Galaxy doesn't. No reason to think they ever will.
Wait staff and bar maids? Good people. trying their best. Don't take it out on them. Mike Meyer, Sharon Center, Ohio 330.618.5455

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I love their outdoor seating for watching football. We were outside all evening and it was comfortable, well served and the TV's are excellant. And yes, I do enjoy a cigar while watching football. My favorite place to go when I'm in Wadsworth.

L.J.