“Always delicious!”

Chez Francois Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Francois Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Vermilion
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ferry St.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always delicious!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We love coming back here every year. It's not what you'd expect being so far outside of a city (west of Cleveland). It's gourmet and romantic. The food is always wonderful and perfectly prepared. The seafood is fresh and served many ways. I love the shrimp martini (dig to the bottom to stir up the goodness) and the soft shell crab is so tasty! The pastas are light and flavorful and the meats are tender and yummy too! There's a long list of wines that's now on an iPad, plus many specialty beers. The location is beautiful over looking the river and Lake Erie. We enjoy the deck on a summer night and stroll down to the beach to watch the sunset. The servers are also very nice and helpful. After your meal you feel like a regular because they get to know you and they are happy to help you celebrate any occasion.

Strongsville, OH
“The Best of the Best!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Each time we dine here, we come away promising to be back more often. You'll pay top dollar for a meal here, yet rest assured that it is worth it. It's the best of everything - a gorgeous setting, highly professional wait staff, attentive service and fresh, yummy food you'll remember for months! We stopped in the small bar, Touche, for a drink before dinner and were impressed by the very friendly and fun atmosphere. We were seated at a beautiful table by the water, just as we had requested. The escargot and lobster stuffed zucchini blossom appetizers are worth checking out. The steaks are always cooked perfectly and my fresh salmon entree was light and delicious. Save room for dessert. All of the options are winners AND served with a specially paired wine. Put this place on your bucket list and enjoy the BEST while the weather is nice.

• Visited August 2014
Vermilion, Ohio
“Sooo Good !”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Last week, our Columbus area friends were visiting and once again, we had a great time here.
Not only was the food great, but the waiter, Curtice and assistants were professional and personable.
Love this restaurant and town.

1 Thank Vermilion440
Gatesville, Texas
“Exceptional disappointment”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I was excited to take my family out for an upscale meal in my hometown. The food was"fine" but the service was not what I expected for the price. I was never asked if I wanted another glass of wine after my first. It took a while to get beer. The waiter was absent after taking our orders but he was at another table doting over their wine glasses. At 150 minutes I finally inquired about entrees and were served within minutes. Very disappointing and will not return. Many other places will give you great service for less money. At $100 per person I expect servers to check on my drinks and food.

3 Thank gingerk2009
Ashland, Ohio USA
“Chez Francois is excellent”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had another wonderful experience at Chez Francois. We have dined at this restaurant several times and it never fails to impress. Michael was our outstanding waiter - very attentive without hovering. I had the out of this world lobster special and my wife had the Florida snapper special. Both were excellent. Michael suggested an excellent wine that paired very nicely with our dinner. This is a special occasion restaurant but well worth the money. Can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Henry H