“An Amazing Experience”

Chez Francois Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Francois Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Vermilion
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ferry St.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went to Chez Francois last evening with friends who had highly recommended it. I have to say that it was an amazing evening. Arriving at 6:00 we were seated immediately and attended to by two waiters, both of whom had style and class. Our table had a view of the Vermillion River with its luxury boats cruising by.
We had arranged to have their special Clambake, priced at $58 a person. To be honest, I was skeptical that anything could be that good, but the first of four courses proved me wrong. We ate and drank in a leisurely manner until 9:00 and when we left, we were completely satisfied with our experience.
Their wine list is the largest I have ever seen, wih wines from all the major regions of the world. Their food was cooked to perfection, and the ambiance of the property was wonderful. Also special was the way they attended to my wife's gluten issue, cooking separate dishes just for her that were almost like ours, but without the gluten. This was more special because I had contacted over a month ago about her diet and they still remembered without at any prompting.
The dress is upscale with most men wearing jackets. It is a wonderful change from the so called "romantic" settings where by the price one would think elegant but by the casual dress one concludes, "not something special."
Chez Francois is not inexpensive, but they deliver above and beyond. Despite it being over 100 miles round trip for us, we will definitely return to it for another very special occasion.

2  Thank Remark72

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Dinner for 2 on a Saturday night. What's good: The staff & service. Warm and friendly greeting really impressed, felt right at home. Server was extra attentive and my wife and I found this to be a nice touch because too often good service is the exception at restaurants these days. What's not so good: The food. Mussel app was meager with each bite about the size of a small lima bean. My dinner, poor. You cannot take spinach pasta, smother it in a 1/3 cup of olive oil, season with a heaping tablespoon of pre-chopped garlic and top with 3 shrimp. Dish was not close to what I would consider tasty and well thought out. Wife's bouillabaisse was well presented and to her liking so maybe mine was just a miss that night. We did have a great bottle of wine (#126) that for $35 was worth every drop. BTW the wine list has good quantity and variety but $$$($) in my opinion. Chances of a return dinner are not too good.

1  Thank Cochango
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food is always excellent. Everything I've eaten was delightful. I enjoy the suprises the chef offers. You always feel welcomed. Everything about the restaurant is wonderful.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great service - went out of their way to accomodate reservation, special needs, etc. Food as always was wonderful.
The only thing that always seems to fall apart is the long wait for the dessert course and to get the check and pay - could easily shave of 30-45min if teh dessert & check/payment timing could be improved

Reviewed September 3, 2012

From the time you walk in until the time you leave, you will feel special. The service is outstanding. The food is unforgettable. Matt has a wine list that is not only fantastice but affordable.
We have been going to this restaurant for many years.