“Requests granted!”

Holiday Inn Express Vermillion
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vermilion
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We requested a low floor, quiet room with extra towels. For the first time EVER in a hotel, the towels were in our room at arrival! The room was clean, bed clean and comfortable, and there was even a working bathroom fan.
The breakfast was plentiful. When I called to request an extra hour for checkout, they said it was no problem at all.
This hotel was perfect for an overnight. We stayed on a federal government rate.
The only thing I would have liked would be a mattress pad for the sofabed. I didn't find one in the bedding bag, nor did I ask for one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I will agree with other reviewers that this is a fairly ordinary Holiday Inn Express physically, however the staff is one of the best I've ever encountered!
I made my reservations on line and checked in late with Dana, who couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. This same friendly and very curteous behavior was repeated with Jennifer the following day and all the other staffers I met too. They were simply great and willing to accomodate me in any way they could.
The rooms are clean, well maintained and quiet. This was the quietest stay I've had at a hotel for sometime. My room was on the front of the building, but I'm thinking it would have been even quieter on the back side of the building which faces an open field. Only negative I had was that the blackout curtains let in a lot of light even when closed completely. Either they're not thick enought or got blown open a bit by the a/c unit but I found it pretty bright in the mornings.
There was lots of room in the parking lot and a couple of larger rigs were parked there, including a semi and a couple of trucks pulling trailers, so if you're towing something, this is an easy place to get in and out of.
I had some issues with the WiFi originally, but the front desk helped me sort that out. The pool and hot tub look nice as did the exercise room, but I didn't use either.
We found the location convenient for our visit at Oberlin College and the commute back and forth was pretty straightforward and easy. Spent one day roaming around Vermilion itself which was also nice and close by.
I would say the breakfast is just okay, but nothing special. There are specials every morning but it's all prepackaged fast food. If you just want to put something in your tummy, it's fine. If breakfast is an important meal for you, you might want to just go out somewhere. If you're going to Oberlin, try the Black River Cafe for some outstanding breakfasts.
Overall, the hotel is convenient and clean and the staff is first rate. We'll stay here again when we're next out in the area.

Room Tip: The hotel is one of the more quiet places we've stayed lately, but you'll probably find the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vermillion, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Wamrazing,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative about your comments on Dana. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This was a weekend stay to attend a wedding. Most of the family stayed here in a block of rooms.
The staff was very nice, did not hear one complaint from any one in the morning.
The room is nicer standard HI grade which is very well maintained.
If the Manager reads this, thank you and your staff, appreciate it.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed with friends, we needed a place to crash between a wedding dress rehearsal and the wedding the following day. This hotel is purely functional, nothing more, nothing less. The rooms are average, but clean and well-maintained, if a little bland. The beds were hard. Breakfast was good, there was larger selection than I would have initially guessed. Location is what you are paying for, and boy are you paying for it. The hotel is visible from I-90/OH-2, and right down the road from the Paper Moon Winery, making it convenient for travelers needing a place to rest. Location is the only thing enabling this Holiday Inn to charge its completely over-priced rates, this hotel should be no more than $70 per night and it's going for over $100. This place is average, and not much else.

Room Tip: It's in the middle of farm land so wherever you are you'll see fields and trees, the north s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vermillion, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear rVp08,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are glad to read you found our location convenient. However, we regret your stay was just average. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel was clean, breakfast was great, location was not too far from either the Cleveland Airport or Oberlin College where we were visiting. If you've never been in there area, there's not much around, but we found a couple nice restaurants nearby. The pool and hot tub were clean, and not too busy. WiFi was very dependable, which was a big plus, and the beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. There are 2 sets of double doors (not automatic) at the entry which can be a bit frustrating if you are trying to haul luggage through on your own, but that is a pretty small negative compared to everything else being a great experience. This is not a 'destination hotel' but is perfect for a place to settle in the evenings after being out and about.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff was great with directing me to the better restaurants for my business trip. The rooms were very clean and the hotel was clean also. They have a contentinal breakfast that is "ok" but I really don't eat in the morning, maybe a bagel and juice. This would be a recommended stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The rooms were clean and the staff were very accomodating. My 2 y/o was up through the night andgot sick in our bed on Saturday morning. When I explained and asked one of the staff members when house keeping would be coming around they went up immediately and cleaned our room themselves so that we could put our daughter back to bed. The breakfast was good and the pool/jacuzzi is heated and very nice. We actually called friends and they stayed (in their own room) and share the same opinion of the hotel. You amy want to check the pool schedule as they share it with local swimming lesson instrutors for classes. If I had to find a con it would be the rate being a little high for rooms that are smaller than they appear in the pictures. That said the staff seemd to take pride in the hotel appearance and customer satisfaction. I would reccomend as a quick stop or a weekend stay.

Room Tip: Get the second floor to avoid the passing foot traffic to the pool and fitness center
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vermilion
13 mi away
Best Western Norwalk
#1 of 3 in Norwalk
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
Comfort Inn River's Edge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vermillion? Share your experiences!