“One of My Favorite Local Restaurants”
Review of El Toro

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Toro
Ranked #10 of 39 Restaurants in Vandalia
Cuisines: Mexican
Russells Point, Ohio
“One of My Favorite Local Restaurants”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have to admit upfront that I have a strong bias toward my favorite cuisine: Mexican. That being said, El Toro in Vandalia, OH on the heavily populated, restaurant row of Miller Lane, is one of my favorites. The food is always very good, the service is good, the atmosphere is very good and the Margaritas are great! Best of all, their prices are reasonable resulting in a very good value considering their very generous portions.

• Visited December 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good value for money!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Inexpensive Mexican place near the airport. Fast service and clean restrooms. Food was a welcome change from regular fare

Vandalia, Ohio
“One of our local favorites”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We end up eating here at least a couple times a month. We've never had to wait for a table, service is always excellent and the food comes out fairly quickly.

The staff is warm and friendly, some speak English better than others, but we've never had any miscommunication. The food is consistently good and the portions are so large I end up ordering a lunch-sized portion unless I plan to bring home the leftovers. I have a daughter with Celiac disease and the staff here have always gone out of their way to make us feel comfortable eating here. It's truly a great value.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank wasukasa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprise gem”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for late lunch. What a pleasant surprise!
Enjoyed the lunch specials. Taco salad had crisp lettuce, nice sized and tasty chicken, enchilada was fresh, well prepared and presented.
Chips brought to table were warm. Salsa had perfect amount of spice. Spicier was available. Guacamole very good! Fresh!
Price was very reasonable!
Service very good!
Definitely would visit again!!!

1 Thank MK-FAGE
Pine Plains, New York, USA
“Good Mexican Restuarant”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ate here on a week night with my family. The place was very busy. It was pretty noisy. The staff were very friendly and working hard to serve everybody.

The food was pretty standard Mexican food. They had warm chips with salsa to the table within a minute of our being seated. Our dinners were exactly as described in the menu. Overall a good experience.

• Visited December 2012