“The Best and Biggest Apple Fritters”
Review of Jim's Donut Shop

Jim's Donut Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Vandalia
Carlyle, Illinois
“The Best and Biggest Apple Fritters”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

When driving north or south on I-75 in Ohio, I can never drive pass exit 63, the Vandalia exit. I know that once I get off the interstate, I am just a half a mile from the best and biggest apple fritters I’ve ever eaten. Jim’s Donut Shop is a great bakery. A place well known and well liked by the locals, Jim’s is a place where strangers and out-of-towners are greeted with friendly service. There’s nothing fancy about it, but the baked good’s are the absolute best. If you are on I-75 just north of Dayton, be sure to make a stop at the donut shop.

• Visited November 2012

Union, Ohio
“Great place to stop”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

It is hard to drive by and not stop in. They have great cream horns. The place is aleays just like going into a kitchen back on the farm. Friendly people, good coffee, and a great staff.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank mocpgc
Vandalia, Ohio
“Good donuts and a friendly place”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place has been here for years. They have good donuts and a very friendly atmosphere. If you want to try a donut that everyone talks about I would say a pretzel donut or an apple fritter.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank DebbieVandalia_Ohio
Dayton, Ohio
“Best donuts!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have tried several donut shops in the North Dayton area and nothing compares to Jim's. My boys love going there now. Great selection and everything is good. I haven't met a donut there that I did not like. It is a true donut shop.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank KC Chiefs D
Pleasant Hill, Ohio
“I like donuts and this place beats the chains”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This isn't a fancy place. It's more like the old days of the doughnut shops where there are a lot of doughnuts of different types. I didn't try them all, but I wanted to. What I did eat was really good. Much better than the chain stores (sorry Tim Horton but these guys beat you by a lot).

Visited July 2012