“Cheap place to spend the night, but bring your own lightbulbs.”

Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Vandalia
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed here for 1 night on my way home from Kentucky. The room was smaller than I expected, but seemed clean. It is conveniently located right off the freeway behind a
McDonalds. I booked the room online and got a great price. The man checking in ahead of me paid $20.00 more than I did for the same room. I would never stay here again
however for 2 reasons. You are automactically billed $1.50 upon check-in for use
of the in-room safe whether you actually use the safe or not, which I did not. You have to make a point of insisting that the charge be removed when you check-out. This is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to pad the bill. My other complaint was the 60 watt light bulbs in the room. I could barely see to read even with all the lights in the room turned on. I don't care how cheap the room is, I shouldn't have to bring my own lightbulbs just to read a magazine. The owner of this motel should take some of the profit he is making from the in-room safe fees and use it to buy brighter lightbulbs.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 24, 2010

The check in person is in a drive up window booth when you check in but was suddenly right at our room when we pulled up to room 110. In a well lit area our rental car gas tank was siphoned between the hours of 11pm and 4am. THIS IS NOT A SECURE PARKING LOT.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2009

No frills, but clean and pleasant facility. It is nothing fancy, but friendly front-desk, and great for the money.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Convenient location, extraordinary the courtesy of staff, free shuttle, free continental break fast for only $49.99/knight, what else can we get out of this cost?...... Nothing.......

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Stayed here for the free shuttle to and from the airport. At the time we stayed it cost 3 dollars a day for parking while we were gone on our trip. The hotel was clean and felt safe. Not the best breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2009

This is an old, run down facility with a cramped lobby/breakfast area. Breakfast can be dry cereal, muffins, toast and fruit. Coffee and orange juice were available. No hot food.
I had a room on the third floor away from the Interstate to avoid traffic noise, but the room air conditioner rattled so loudly that it woke me a couple of times sounding like my alarm clock going off. However, except for some mildew around the shower the room was clean. There was a single-cup coffee maker in the room. The TV worked fine. As another poster mentioned, the hot and cold faucet control in the sink was reversed which caused me to think that there was no hot water.
Wireless Internet worked fine in my room and I also used the computer in the lobby during breakfast.
I was there during a major nationwide convention and paid far above the usual rate; about 50% more. For this amount I could have been in a motel a bit higher in the rating chain. I don't intend to stay here next year during the convention, but if this is in your price range it's acceptable.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2008

it's an older hotel outside needs some attention. room was ok clean no oders no bugs. breakfast nothing special but ok donuts ceral coffee etc.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Thank kenSt.louis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vandalia
Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia / Dayton International Airport
Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn Dayton/Huber Heights

Been to Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport? Share your experiences!