“It's just ok”

Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Vandalia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

It was a basic stay, I didn't like that we were up charged upon arrival. The check in was rushed and rude. However the PM staff was very nice and helpful when asking for additional supplies. The room was very basic. Iron marks on the carpet, and very dingy. The carpet itself was very dirty! If I had to stay in vandalia again I would probably pick somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We chose this hotel for its location right off I-75 and near I-70 and its price. We were planning to arrive late and leave early the next morning, so we weren't looking for atmosphere. The beds were comfortable but nothing plush. The room was clean but very dated. The bathroom was "rough" in that the tile was installed poorly--you could just tell that not much money went into renovations and that they were overdue to be updated. For the price and our needs, this hotel was ok. If you are particular about the atmosphere, go somewhere else. They had a light breakfast, but didn't keep it stocked well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This motel need to be remodeled inside and out. Everything is dated and wore out, dirtiest motel I stayed at on this trip. Price was good, even the drunks in the area stay here, ran into one in the stair well.

Room Tip: try the next exit either north or south should be better than this motel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Maggie123_123_11
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This Super 8, the room had a musky smell as of age and really needed to be updated. It is three story with all rooms exiting out side to parking or walk way. There is an elevator located about 1/2 way down in a breeze way for the top two floors. The motel reminded me of an old Holiday Inn. The dining area was adequate with a variety of breakfast items. My room was on the 3rd floor, east end, a stone throw from the I-75 and was some what noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west end are quieter a d away from I-75.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill R
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Reading the other reviews, I guess I lucked out.

I stayed there for one night at the end of June 2012 and enjoyed my experience. Drive-thru check-in was quick and easy. The room was big, the bed comfortable. A few nights later my boyfriend and I stayed at an expensive hotel in another city and agreed that we enjoyed the Super 8 more. The Super 8 had a bigger room, bigger bed, better room layout and more effective blackout curtains along with more convenient parking.

Noise wasn't much of a concern. There was a dog barking next door to us, but it didn't bother us.

This motel is right off the highway, so perfect as a stop on a road trip.

Tip:
Rather than eat at one of the adjacent fast food restaurants, drive a few blocks to Bunker's Sports Bar & Grill at 893 E National Rd., just on the other side of the highway. I found it via Yelp and was impressed by the beer list, service and food.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage ask for a room on the ground floor because there are no elevators and no o...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This place is soooooo nasty not worth the forty dollars we paid DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY I don't have fancy taste either but I wouldn't let my dog stay here

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Strefz
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Older p
Property but okay for a quick rest. We made a quick stop there for 5 hours on our way to a funeral. The bed were stained but no sign of bed bugs and I did a thorough check before anyone brought their overnight bags in. However we still places them in the tub until they were needed just in case I overlooked any.

• Stayed: June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vandalia
Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia / Dayton International Airport
Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#18 of 46 in Dayton
TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North

Been to Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport? Share your experiences!