“Love the location”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Food and drink quality is too unpredictable and usually not surprisingly good. Also pricey for what is being served. Really want to like this place but the bar and kitchen really need to greatly improve before we return.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a gem in a small town west of Brunswick, Ohio. The service was attentive, efficient and unobtrusive. The food was excellent. The calamari was outstanding, not rubbery at all and deliciously crispy. The PIP Po-boy and the French dip "montaditos" were excellent as was the Taverne hamburger. The classic wedge salad was one of the best versions of the dish that I've consumed. The side sweet potato chips were thin enough to be crispy and thick enough to be chewy on the inside. A freshly-baked shortcake was the backbone of a delicious strawberry shortcake. The casual, friendly atmosphere added the special touch to this jewel.

3  Thank LMDominguez
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The food quality is consistently good, we come here about once a week, and have been doing so since 2006. I really enjoy the new little sandwiches, great as apps, or I have had several as my meal, nice to have variety, you can order as many ala carte sides as you want making your meal as large or small as you like...we are not big leftover people so that is nice. Also a fan of the baked perch. We like the new menu, nice to see a restaurant that is willing to try new things!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife thoroughly enjoyed the bourbon and orange glazed salmon and I ordered BAKED perch with crunchy green beans. Both perfect sized plates served with a delicious Raspberry highlighted Long Island ice tea made for a fabulous meal. The coffee is the best around, period...fresh and hot and perfectly complimented the personal size homemade peach pie with hot caramel and ice cream. We popped in as a last minute dinner date, were graciously greeted at the door and then offered a table on their outside deck, under cover as a roaring storm just passed through one hour before...yet they were well prepared. Service was excellent, pricing very fair, and a wonderful, relaxing atmosphere made for a fabulous romantic meal for my wife and I.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I used to go all the time but we do not care for the new menu. The hamburgers are still great as is the atmosphere. But there isn't the variety of items that we like on the menu any more. The new little sandwich things are a joke and not very good. The patio on a summer evening is great. Service is always outstanding and overall prices are reasonable. So if you are looking for a hamburger or chicken sandwich on a summer evening this is a great place. I wish they would bring back the old menu so we could go more often.