“The restaurant that time forgot”
Review of Crabill's

Crabill's
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Urbana
Cuisines: American
Raymond, Ohio, United States
“The restaurant that time forgot”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I am new to Urbana and everyone has raved about Crabill's. The first time I went there they were already closed. It seems that the owners must fear vampires because the shop closes at 5:45 pm. The second time I went there they were still open, but much like a prostitute, it was cash only. The "burgers" were tiny slivers of meat with a squirt or two of toppings. It was almost like eating a burger-flavored bun, with the bun being the hero of the meal. I was very disappointed to say the least. I would have to assume that most of the favorable reviews are from locals who have an emotional attachment to Crabill's because the good reviews can't be based upon product quality.

• Visited November 2013

Hollywood,Fla
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If these Burgers could fly we'd have them every year for Christmas!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Great, fresh, good people have ways owned. If you were born & raised in Urbana, you love them! I as well as my whole family are just sad they have never come up with a way to Send them to South Fla!!!! PLEASE. That's all our large family ever wants for CHRISTMAS ---- And the first place we head to as soon as we get to town. My Mom, may she RIP, brought them for Christmas one year on the plane in a Large HATBOX--the whole plane smelled like Crabills and everyone was begging her for even just one!

• Visited October 2013
“Don't drive through Urbana without stopping here!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

An icon in the "slider" arena.....these little burgers have been made the same way for over 80 years!
Get them with everything..which at Crabill's is only brown mustard, relish and onion. 5-6 burgers is a good starting point for your order.I personally eat way more than that...MUST GET a bag of Mumfords chips and an ice cold root beer to go with them.

• Visited August 2013
Vermilion, Ohio
“What you see is what you get”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Small building, small menu, small burgers, small seating area, great experience. If you are near stop in and try it. Just small burgers, hot dogs, chips and pop. Its cooked in front of you. Only 8 stools. Mustard is homemade. Ketchup is frowned upon. No low fat low calorie options. Six burgers would be about right for lunch. We live to far away or else I would go here often.

• Visited May 2013
Ohio
“Tiny burger shack with 8 wooden stools serving the tastiest tender sliders ever!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We travel from the eastern part of Franklin County 4 or 5 times a year for these tasty burgers a bag of chips and a cup of fountain soda. Doubles are the way to go! The brown mustard is the best I have had anywhere. The small white buns are always fresh. We usually eat a few there at the counter...get a few to go for later and one for our dog who waits patiently for his own little brown bag. Always Fun! Always delicious!

• Visited May 2013

Been to Crabill's? Share your experiences!