“Airport Cafe, Grimes Field, Urbana, OH”
Review of Airport Cafe

Airport Cafe
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Urbana
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were at the Campaign Aviation Museum at lunch time so we decided to have lunch in the Airport Cafe. The waitress pointed out the specials and we decided to try the specials. The meatloaf and mashed potatoes were good but what captured my attention was they offered pickled beets with a pickled egg. I tried the pickled beets which were very good. The vinegar was not over powering, remembrances of my grandmother's canned pickled beets. My friend got the chicken special with mashed potatoes and gravy which he thought was equally as good. There are two sections to the seating; one with a view of the airfield and that fills up fast, the other section is in the front of the cafe but does not have a view of the airfield. It is a little quieter. Service is very attentive.

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank john_b_263

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a charming diner looking out on the runway of the local airport. It also has outdoor seating as well. I had the chopped steak and mashed potatoes and I tried my Dad's roast beef. Both were good, solid comfort food choices... and then there was the pie... you have to get the pie. My choice was the peanut butter and Dad chose the coconut cream... both sublime melt in your mouth treasures... if you get nothing else here, get the pie!

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank Glassgal
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Don't pass this place. You can enjoy a wonderful meal and watch the planes at the same time! Not many places where you can enjoy great food and a free show! While you're there, stop by the museum. Good prices, excellent service. The atmosphere is a blast of the past. It really is worth your time to experience the whole adventure. Don't stop if you don't want to take the time to enjoy it all. You'd be short changing the adventure.

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank 463vicki
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I like this small cafe, and have stopped for years as I ski Mad River Mountain.

Classic cafe "cuisine" at bargain prices. Great service and breakfast, lunch and dinner menu.

I can never bring myself to order the grilled bologna sandwich, but there is a great chicken salad sandwich at $4.50.

Beer and wine is available; however NOT while I am driving.

I recommend this cafe.

Date of visit: February 2014
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I ate here after setting up at the airport museum for a Veterans Day dance. It was what I expected in that the servers were nice a quick. I wanted a Sam Adams Octoberfest Beer but they had run out. Before my waitress

Date of visit: November 2013