“A hot spot in our little town.”
Review of Fusion 40.83

Fusion 40.83
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Urbana
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Fusion has become a hot spot in our little town. The food is very good although I was able to view the kitchen from the bar area and saw a man put handfuls of limp pasta in the pot without gloves on. That was a turnoff.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Fusion and I ordered the Chicken Wellington dish. It was 'ok' but didn't wow me. There was a side dish and it was overwhelmingly salty-in edible! The mashed potatoes were the opposite, very bland. I only ate about 1/3 of the Wellington only and couldn't eat the sides. My son had grilled cheese and didn't like that. I tasted it and I am pretty sure it was imitation cheese. It was tasteless and plastic like, not hot and melted. My boyfriend ordered a burger.the meat was too small for the bun and just looked thrown together and was unappetizing. He put it together and tried it and said he couldn't eat it because the meat was not seasoned. I didn't believe him and so I tore a piece of the burger and it has ZERO seasoning. It was just hamburger! He sent his dish back and didn't want anything else. I will never return!

1  Thank Elizabeth V
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Time and time again chef Chetty amazes us with his delicious food. The service is always good. Everyone is friendly. The restaurant and restroom are always very clean. Always a wonderful time with delicious food.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The food is great and the staff is extremely friendly. I took my grandma and parents out to eat here when she was in town visiting. They loved the food and the atmosphere!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We dined at Fusion the night after Thanksgiving so I was worried about food on this low attendance day. The crowd was smaller than what I expected but the service and food were great. The chef was out walking around and chatting with guests and this was very friendly and welcoming. The decor is upscale and trendy and the wait staff all wore the typical all black shirts and slacks. I had a special Chinese prep of halibut (but I think it may have been haddock since it was thin). This was great as they split the fish and left each half on the skin. It was easy to cut the fish into bites with my fork. It was a healthy prep as it was atop white rice with peas and had a small amount of a red chile sauce. It tasted great. They have a good selection of beers both on tap and in bottles and a huge wine list (I saw people ordering full bottles). All entrees come with a salad that was pretty basic but good. It included a crostini with herbs. My wife had the scallops special and enjoyed it. It had a creamy sauce and shredded veggies along with mashed potatoes. We took a piece of their famous chocolate cake home (too full to eat it there) and I can see why people want it to always be on the menu as it was from scratch and very tasty. The waitress was very nice and attentive to our needs and helped steer our food choices to what we really wanted. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Sliphorn

Been to Fusion 40.83? Share your experiences!