“Good food at Fusion”

Dining options: Reservations
Springfield, Ohio
“Good food at Fusion”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We dined at Fusion the night after Thanksgiving so I was worried about food on this low attendance day. The crowd was smaller than what I expected but the service and food were great. The chef was out walking around and chatting with guests and this was very friendly and welcoming. The decor is upscale and trendy and the wait staff all wore the typical all black shirts and slacks. I had a special Chinese prep of halibut (but I think it may have been haddock since it was thin). This was great as they split the fish and left each half on the skin. It was easy to cut the fish into bites with my fork. It was a healthy prep as it was atop white rice with peas and had a small amount of a red chile sauce. It tasted great. They have a good selection of beers both on tap and in bottles and a huge wine list (I saw people ordering full bottles). All entrees come with a salad that was pretty basic but good. It included a crostini with herbs. My wife had the scallops special and enjoyed it. It had a creamy sauce and shredded veggies along with mashed potatoes. We took a piece of their famous chocolate cake home (too full to eat it there) and I can see why people want it to always be on the menu as it was from scratch and very tasty. The waitress was very nice and attentive to our needs and helped steer our food choices to what we really wanted. We will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sliphorn

Ohio
“Ok Place To Dine”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Fusion is a nice restaurant. The food is pretty good. I had a 6 oz. filet. I asked it to be cooked medium and it was. It came with roasted potatoes and grilled vegetables. Overall pretty good flavor, but my steak was super salty. I do think for the price there should have been more food. I left not full. The side salads are extra and they offer no bread or rolls. Someone in my party had to ask about rolls. They said they had none, but would bring him out some sliced baguette. We had cheesecake for dessert and it was very good.

• Visited June 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The prices at this restaurant are outrageous! If this restaurant were in a bigger city, it would never make it. It's like they want you to think you're dining in a fine restaurant, but the food and service are nothing compared to what you would get in a real fine dining restaurant. The food is okay but definitely nothing to rave about and certainly not memorable. I believe this restaurant only stays in business because Urbana has such a limited selection of non-fast food restaurants.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank TravelerBabs
“Great place in Urbana”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Recently visited with some friends. Had some drinks and appetizers. Zucchini and pepper jack cheese. Both were very good. Dinner menu looked very appetizing with a good variety of seafood and steaks. Prices were a little upper scale but sooner looked and smelled delicious . Give it a try, something totally different for Urbana and you will be pleasantly surprised !!

1 Thank Marc M