“Nice hotel, Friendly staff, breakfast ruined it”

Royalton Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Upper Sandusky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were in town for a friends wedding, and decided to stay at days inn. It was not to bad, our double queen room was decent. But do not stay here if you want to go swimming. Pool area was definitely run down and a little gross! Hot tub was not working and had about 12 inches green stagnate water in it! Yuk!! I think next time we will check out comfort inn!

• Stayed October 2012
Taichung, Taiwan
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was the best of the four places we stayed on this trip. The room was good and nicely decorated and set up.
Breakfast was slightly better than normal but not by much.
Staff was very helpful. They had overchlorinated the pool and the woman at
the desk said to give her a half an hour to get it better.
We went down after the wait and the pool seemed normal. Only problem was
the spa had cold water, and I am not a fan of that.
I read that some think the breakfast was a 'joke,' but that is what you get in budget
hotels if you get anything at all.
This place was more expensive than others we stayed in, but there is not much competition in this area of the state, so it was good value for the area.
It is just off US 23 and on the Lincoln Highway, so the location is pretty good for travelers.
If you are a tourist, there is not much to see most of the time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JimTaichung
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Room wasn't very clean. We went there for a family wedding and wanted to check in a bit early, we called twice on the way there to ask if we could get in early so we could get ready for the wedding and thay said "it is impossible" like they snap their fingers and all of a sudden all the rooms are clean exactly at check-in time. And they said they were completely booked, but there were very few cars in the parking lot. Also some strange characters who seemed to be just hanging around the lobby. Breakfast was a joke.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MJTravelGoddess

Travelers are raving about these Upper Sandusky hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels doesn't say much. This is a typical Days Inn, you know what you are getting. The room was large, A/C worked although the 2nd floor hallway was stinking hot, but more importantly the wifi worked great.

Still, the "breakfast" was a joke of 4 (count them) stale-looking donuts, and a couple english muffins, plus cereal if you like frosted flakes.

Price was upper $50's which was cheaper than the competition (who was sold out) so overall an average place to stay, just don't depend on a morning feed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Powel C
Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I could have stayed anyplace an hour or two east or west of this while basically crossing Ohio, and I have to say, I really did choose this because 4 of the 5 reviews before me were 5 star. Well, look at the title of my review, could we perhaps tone that down a bit? My 3 major complaints would be the bottom of the pool was dirty, and there was no filtration going on during my entire visit. It was as still as any body of water I've ever seen. And it's not like anything was broken, I asked how late it was open, and the clerk told me 10:00 without mentioning any problems. I was there on a late June day when the temp peaked at 89 Degrees, and the hallways were STIFLING HOT. I'm talking like a sauna. Had to be 100 Degrees minimum in the hallways. Turn on the air in the hallways, cheapskates. It got down to 60 Degrees that night, and the hallways were still stifling hot in the morning. If they think they're going to pull that stunt all summer, there will be mold growing on the walls. Which brings me to my 3rd complaint, the breakfast room too was stifling sauna-like hot, but I took the incentive to turn on the air conditioner, which was a wall unit like in the rooms. They ran out of most everything at breakfast, and staying on a Sunday night, there were only about 10 other rooms full that day.

Now that we have all the "5 stars, give me a break" complaints out of the way, there were several good points for an under $60 hotel that inspire me to give it 4 stars. The breakfast room was very sizable, and what was left of the breakfast was good. They have a waffle iron to make your own waffles, which was a nice touch. The room itself was outstanding for the price. Very clean, and nicely set up. Nice TV, that worked fine. Good sized refrigerator that worked fine, and I even used the microwave, which was OK as well. No complaints on the room whatsoever, loved it.

Staff is friendly and helpful. No complaints there either. I'd recommend it, but I'd certainly stop short of titling my review "Amazing" or anything like that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank DirtFan
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Besides the cleanliness and awesome pool what really won me over was the hotel managers. They seemed to really care about their guests. There isn't really a word to describe how great my experiences was. Traveling alone you usually feel homesick but the managers and employees at this Days Inn made me feel right at home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hampton Inn Tiffin
#1 of 5 in Tiffin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion
Holiday Inn Express Tiffin

Been to Royalton Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!