“Restaurant Week Special Dinner”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbus, Ohio
“Restaurant Week Special Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We hadn't been to Hyde Park in a while, and when I saw it listed for Restaurant Week, I immediately made reservations. The restaurant is a high end steakhouse, but they offered a dinner special ($30 for a three course dinner). Wedge Salad, bacon wrapped twin filets, and flourless torte was a delicious dinner! The portions were the perfect size. Service was attentive yet relaxed. We really enjoy when fine dining restaurants participate in restaurant week as it allows us to visit several restaurants for the same price we would pay for one dinner out. So glad that Hyde Park participates in this program!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank SPG-BA

Bloomington, IL
“Are You Kidding Me????”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Probably one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. My good friend Henry took me there, and it was awesome. Upper Arlington is an upper class suburb and the steakhouse is top of the line. Their steaks are named after Ohio (or Ohio State) heroes....Jack Nicklaus, Jim Tressel, Archie Griffin, Woody Hayes...etc. Service is outstanding. I had the ribeye and it was delicious. Henry had the ribeye. Good seasoning on a great steak. Brussels sprouts (I know...yuk...but I love them) were excellent! A bit pricey...but well worth the ambiance!!! Great dining experience!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank DoubleEagleDave
Hartford, Connecticut
“a local favorite - old school steakhouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a good choice for local dining in Columbus. The menu offers a variety of options for both steak and seafood lovers. The service is excellent. The restaurant has a number of smaller rooms so the dining feels very private in your little area of 3 or 4 other tables. The lobster mac 'n cheese was a major hit at our table (the lobster meat was huge and plentiful). The food was plentiful as we all ordered "sides" and shared with the table. The wine menu had a diverse offering and we enjoyed the Cameron Hughes 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon. If you like steak, it seems to offer all that one would enjoy in a steakhouse. I personally ordered the sea bass and it was very tasty (supposedly flown in daily). I would defintely recommend this place for business dinners.

Visited March 2013
Ohio
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Went there last Sunday before the Who concert and let me say everything was perfect from the service, food , ambience and overall experience. Since we live about 25 miles from Columbus we usually are not in this area. We will not forget again. Make sure you go to this location in Arlington and not the one in the Short North. Went there 11/2 years ago and it was awful. (I think there are different owners.) I just want to let them know I love this restaurant!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank poppyseed15
“Classic old style steak and chop house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Southwestern style building with intimate rooms of 10 - 15 diners. Great selection of cuts and preparation. Real drinks and an excellent wine list.

The real version of what the chains are modeled on...