“This Restaurant was PACKED!!!.....GOOD SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Bongiorno's Restaurant - CLOSED

Bongiorno's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We arrived at Bongiorno's Restaurant 6 P.M. without a reservation due to the fact that we made reservations elsewhere and, after looking at the changed/new menu and chef, it wasn't for us. We walked in and could only be seated at the bar. The restaurant was filled and due to the cold weather, their outdoor seating was obviously unavailable. The bartender was our server. He seemed very stressed, not very talkative or friendly. The food was excellent! My husband and I were both very pleased with the salad, rolls, and entrees we ordered. The portions were sizable. With the exception of our server who, seemed to not be having a good day, I'd go back very soon.....just be sure to make a reservation!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Service was fair, food was fair, very noisy, parking poor, had to park across the street in auto repair shop, hostess was not much help.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

After seeing a review in the local newspaper we decided to try Bongiorno’s on a Saturday night. I did make reservations and I would also recommend they are made. Upon arrival we were shown our seat which is very close to the receptionist stating and the front door where people congregate while waiting for a table. I asked to move to another, the receptionist (no customer service skills) refused but fortunately a manager intervened and seated us at a nice table in the back. Worth noting that the next party seated at the “door table” asked to be moved also.
Bongiorno’s was very busy on a Sat. night whit what appeared to be a regular clientele. Although our service was prompted and courteous the timing of courses was a bit off from what appears to be a very busy kitchen. And although we were having a full multi course dinner we felt a bit rushed as there was a desire to turn the table (it’s not a big place) We were in/out in about an hour. The menu is varied from full course dinners and creative specials to pizza. IMO the mix of customers (dinner vs a couple of beers and a pizza) needs to be considered on how you manage the table. My bill for 3 was about $140 w/tip, the folks at the next table enjoying a pizza spend about $25. Again, wait staff does fine I just think the kitchen and table management is out of sync.
On to the food. Excellent! Stuffed pepper appetizer was great and my wife and I each ordered seafood special which was great. The drinks were reasonably priced and generous. Again, the menu is varied from $11 pizza to $28 specials. Plenty of veal, pasta and meat choices.
Bottom line is I would recommend trying Bongiorno’s but keep in mind that your dining experience may hold a few surprises.
One other thing - if you make a reservation request you are not seated by the door!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Wife had the filet mignon, very good, cooked to correct degree of "doneness". Minimal fat or gristle. I had the veal Parmesan with pasta, and extra garlic. Veal was fork tender, cooked crispy. Just perfect. We had showed our server, who, it turns out, is also a manager, our $25 gift card upon being seated. We gave her the gift card with our credit card and bill. She returned for a signature, advising us that while she could have added the tip to our bill, she hadn't done so. Also, even though the receipt showed the non-discounted amount, it would be reduced by $25 when she processed the transaction. We checked the next day with our CC company, and the $25 had not been deducted. After a couple of phone calls to the restaurant, the problem was resolved. Good thing we checked, or we'd have been out $25. A manager should know better, especially on a slow, week night.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is the absolute worst restaurant I've ever been to in my entire life! The only thing worse than the service was the food! When we arrived there were 2 people at the bar and a partyof 4. We had a small group of 5 and a waitress named Chelsea. She didn't even know what romaine was! Anyway, we ordered one appetizer and asked her to bring out the salads and soup with it. Never happend! One small cup of soup finally showed up after a 45 minute wait. Can you believe they make italian wedding soup with macaroni noodles? We sat on the patio and our waitress wasn't even out there. We had to go in the restaruant every single time to order drinks. Our salads were warm when they showed up and the food was awful. Sauce tasted like chef boy ardee. I had ordered the Jumbo Shrimp in garlic and oil to go at the same time we ordered dinner. Needless to say, after dinner, I asked the waitress to cancel it. All of a sudden, this woman named Sue came out insisting that I take this order. She was rude and obnoxious! When Chelsea brought out the order, there wasn't one piece of shrimp in it. Just a big bowl of pasta for $17.95 (crazy). I absolutely refused at that point and asked for a manager. Of course, there wasn't a manager present. Not surprising by the way they run this restaurant plus the bathrooms were beyond disgusting. So after 3 hours of nonsense we finally got out of there & will NEVER return. It's hard to believe this place stays in business.

2  Thank tina m