“Decent, but not worth the price”

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Twinsburg
Ohio, United States
“Decent, but not worth the price”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was in town for a hair show, so I wanted to spend part of the day and the night at this hotel. The room was pretty clean, some dust in the bathroom, but clean for the most part. The bed was very comfortable. The heater wasn't the best feature of the room! It was extremely loud every time it would kick on (which woke me up several times during the night), and the room would either been extremely cold (a bad draft from the window), or extremely hot when the heater was on. Even the tv wasn't to great, pretty bad cable that either lagged, or froze completely. Location of this hotel is great though, lots of restaurants and stores around. Close to the Auora Outlet Mall. For the price though, don't think I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Amanda R.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your comments. We will address your concerns you brought to our attention with our Engineering department. We have recently installed a new satellite television system, which has been trouble free, so we will make sure to look into the problem, as we think it may have been weather related.

Please contact our sales office in the future to see if there is any assistance we can provide you with our room rate.

Roger Greene, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very convenient location off I-480. Hotel staff is very attentive and courteous. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The beds have an adjustable mattress that allows you to choose the firmness to your liking. The breakfast is well worth the $9.95 charge - a nice variety of bakery items and cooked to order eggs, omelets, pancakes, french toast, and waffles. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David K
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
David K,

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

I am glad you found the Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System mattress to your liking! Also, we will make sure our Housekeeping team knows that you appreciated the cleanliness of our property.

We look forward to seeing you in the future, and thank you again!

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had a very nice stay. Everyone was very helpful and a delight. Everything was clean and organized. The location was perfect. Thank you for everything. Breakfast was fast and quality. The service was great! Very knowledgable staff. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gary P,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are happy that we could serve you on your visit!

I will let our Housekeeping staff know that you appreciated our cleanliness and organization. I'm also glad that you had the time to enjoy our breakfast.

We hope to serve you again in the future!

Mantua, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I have not had a grown up night in a very long time and so we decided to do a bit of a romantic get away. When I arrived at the hotel, I was pleased to see how nicely decorated it was. The front desk staff was welcoming and pleasant. As others has said in their reviews, there was coffee, lemon water....a full bar and a place to get some food if you wish.

I was given the number of my room and eagerly walked to our room. When I stepped off the elevator, I was immediately aware of a weird odor and was trying to place it. All the signs on the doors indicated that there were no smoking rooms, but I kept getting this strong odor of febreeze covered smoke. Unfortunately, it didn't stay in the hallway. When I entered my room, it followed me in.

After we unpacked our things and get settled in, we decided to head to the restaurant next door called the Blue Canyon. Absolutely fabulous!!!! A bit expensive but it was a great time there.

We headed back to our room and again when we stepped off of the elevator we were hit with that smell again. I began to get a headache from it and we eneded up not going down to try out the hot tub, pool and other amenities. I just didn't want to go out into the hallway until it was time to leave.

We also had a tough time sleeping as the heating system was so incredibly loud that I would jolt awake each time it kicked on to keep the room warm. We eneded up packing up and leaving shortly before 7:30 a.m. so that we could head home and get some much needed sleep.

I enjoyed spending the one on one time with my hubby but not so much with where.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Candi S.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel and for choosing us for your romantic getaway with your husband. I was glad to read from your review that you found our staff to be welcoming and pleasant and that you appreciated our hotel decor. I will make sure to pass on to the staff how welcome they made you feel.

I do apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay. We will consult with our Housekeeping staff immediately to make sure this is taken care of.

Again, I truly regret and inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.

Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Inn for only one evening. We found the staff to be very accommodating and did all they could to make our over-night stay comfortable. Should we ever need to stay in the area again, without doubt, this is the ONLY place to go.

Room Tip: I did not stay long enough to rate the rooms. Our room was great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Kathy J,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that our staff was accommodating and took the time to make you feel special. We pride ourselves on service, and I will make sure to pass along your message.

We hope to serve you again, and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

On January 4th, my family and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for 1 night. We arrived from across country on our way home to Va Beach around 7pm local time. When we arrived to the parking lot it was very cold (I'm from NY and when I say it's cold it usually is very cold) so therefore the parking lot was plowed free of snow but the ice was terrible. I understand (as a meteorologist) that ice can form and thaw blah blah but this ice was thick and my van slid on it. I parked in the registration parking lot which consisted of about 4.5 spots because 1 spot was not completely plowed free of snow.

The lobby was very clean and had an updated decor, look to the ceiling for the awesome lights. There was coffee, hot tea and lemon water that greeted us when we walked in.

I walked into the hotel without my husband or son who were still in the car and was warmly greeted by Chris who smiled and was dressed professionally. My husband and son joined me at the front desk as Chris was looking up our reservation, he was making small talk with me until he saw our reservation and saw my husband Hilton rewards card. He stopped all conversation with me and spoke to my husband calling him by name, that made me feel very unwelcomed. Why am I no longer important? We are here together....(this is not the part of splitting hairs but this was a source of our conversation that evening at the pool).

Chris gave us our room assignment and we went up to the 5th floor. As I am the child of a housekeeper and a professional mystery shopper I check many more areas than the average traveler. As I was checking the room for my satisfaction, I found a small black curled hair on the white duvet cover and a very long dark hair on the sheet of the other bed. My family and I gathered our belongings and went downstairs to talk to Chris. He was bubbly still and asked how the room was, we told him about the hair, he appeared appalled. We told him that he could either have the beds remade or change the room whichever was easier for him. He said it was easier to change the room assignment,

Room number 2 was also on the 5th floor, Chris said "Call me if there are any issues with this room." This new room was about 3 doors away from the 1st room. We got up to the 5th floor again and the key didn't work...*not happy at this point but keeping our cool* We walked back down to the lobby and told Chris that the keys did not work for the 2nd room and he said "I'm so sorry about that, I must not have changed the room from the 1st one. I'll get it right this time" So he gave us the keys back and we walked up to the 5th floor for the THIRD time and this time the keys worked. I went about my time and checked the beds and yes, there was hair again...the same looking hair as before. This time I was tired and hungry as we were waiting for our room to eat dinner from our long trip. We gathered our belongings and walked back down stairs and I couldn't even talk to Chris so I sent my husband to talk to him. Chris looked as if he didn't believe us, so I walked up to the front desk and he said "Im so sorry, I can't believe 2 rooms and 2 problems with hair, I've never seen this before." He said "I'll send a facilities person up to the room with you this time if you want in case there are any issues." I said "I left the beds as I found the hairs, so you know we're not lying." He said (Insincerely) "I don't think you're lying. I believe you, this is just something that I've never seen before."

3rd room, on the 4th floor, let's make a long story short at this point...Chad the facilities guy met us at the room and there was hair on the sheets. He remade the bed including a newly cleaned duvet cover and down comforter that he had to assemble himself, because I DID NOT want to change rooms again. Chad took the hair on a coffee cup lid down to Chris to show him. Chad was so incredibly professional and polite. He was making small talk about where we're from and our trip to Ohio. We mentioned we were going to the pool but didn't know if we'd make the deadline of 10pm because it was already 8:45pm and we still needed to eat dinner. He asked us where we wanted to eat dinner and we told him, he gave us wonderful directions and said that he would leave the pool open for us. He said the pool had to be closed before he left for the night but he would leave it open so we could enjoy dinner and then come back to swim.

We went downstairs with Chad and Chris was so surprised that there was hair on the 3rd bed but happy to know Chad took care of it. Chris said he would give us half off of our room and 1 breakfast coupon for the morning. Somewhere in the shuffle he forgot to give us the 1 breakfast coupon but I was too tired to even try for it.

While we were in the pool area, Chad came back and made more small talk while he restocked items, he is just a delight and should be recognized for his outstanding customer service and willingness to go above and beyond.

The pool is only 5 foot deep at the most deepest end and with my husband of 6'4" he always scrapped his knees at the bottom of the pool. The whirlpool had a dial that you can set to your time preference of how long you want the jets on. I set the dial for 15 minutes and the jets NEVER went off. I had to manually turn off the jets. I tried again and the jets didn't go off, what I think from years of being a maintenance supervisor is that the moisture in the air rusted the knob so it didn't work properly.

Morning came and our bill was under our door, full price and no discount as Chris had mentioned. *UGGGHHHHH* My son and husband went to the pool in the morning and I went downstairs and spoke to a VERY nice gentleman who was about 5'7" and had light brown very curly short hair. I told him I had an issue but I KNEW he could help me with it :-) He smiled and appreciated the confidence. I told him the story about the hair and the 3 rooms and everything and how Chris said he would give us half off our room and it's not on the bill. This nice gentleman gave us the half off and offered us 3 breakfast coupons for this morning which we accepted.

Breakfast would have been $9.99 per person and is a combination of buffet and server. Gloria was working in the morning and she is just a delight. The food was fresh, hot and well prepared...VERY WELL WORTH the money had we paid it.

Side note: the beds have a "system" it's a knob that you turn to make the bed hard or soft and you can control both sides of the bed independently. The knob on my side of the bed didn't work :-( I mentioned it to a woman who was working the front desk Saturday morning around 9am and she said she would have someone take a look.

The WIFI was great, and worked well :-)

Now you understand the splitting hairs review...I truly hope this helped.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kdpease
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
kdpease,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback from your stay. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. It is uncommon amoung our housekeeping staff, but I hope that the rest of the room met your expectations and satisfied your needs.

We also appreciate the review of our service provided and breakfast options. We will be sure to pass along your review to the rest of the staff. Thank you again, and we hope to serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We just stayed a night here, but enjoyed it a lot. Everyone that we came into contact with at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. There was an issue with the crib they sent up for my daughter and they worked very hard to rectify the situation, and checked to make sure everything was ok. The hotel lobby and rooms are very clean. I highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Kavegirl,

Thank you for the reivew! I am glad that our staff worked hard to make your stay great, and that we could get your needs met with the crib. I will pass along your thoughtful words to our staff. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again the next time you're in the area!

Roger Greene, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twinsburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg? Share your experiences!