“The Staff was extremely accommodating”

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Twinsburg
Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
“The Staff was extremely accommodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Inn for only one evening. We found the staff to be very accommodating and did all they could to make our over-night stay comfortable. Should we ever need to stay in the area again, without doubt, this is the ONLY place to go.

Room Tip: I did not stay long enough to rate the rooms. Our room was great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Kathy J,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that our staff was accommodating and took the time to make you feel special. We pride ourselves on service, and I will make sure to pass along your message.

We hope to serve you again, and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Roger Greene, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

On January 4th, my family and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for 1 night. We arrived from across country on our way home to Va Beach around 7pm local time. When we arrived to the parking lot it was very cold (I'm from NY and when I say it's cold it usually is very cold) so therefore the parking lot was plowed free of snow but the ice was terrible. I understand (as a meteorologist) that ice can form and thaw blah blah but this ice was thick and my van slid on it. I parked in the registration parking lot which consisted of about 4.5 spots because 1 spot was not completely plowed free of snow.

The lobby was very clean and had an updated decor, look to the ceiling for the awesome lights. There was coffee, hot tea and lemon water that greeted us when we walked in.

I walked into the hotel without my husband or son who were still in the car and was warmly greeted by Chris who smiled and was dressed professionally. My husband and son joined me at the front desk as Chris was looking up our reservation, he was making small talk with me until he saw our reservation and saw my husband Hilton rewards card. He stopped all conversation with me and spoke to my husband calling him by name, that made me feel very unwelcomed. Why am I no longer important? We are here together....(this is not the part of splitting hairs but this was a source of our conversation that evening at the pool).

Chris gave us our room assignment and we went up to the 5th floor. As I am the child of a housekeeper and a professional mystery shopper I check many more areas than the average traveler. As I was checking the room for my satisfaction, I found a small black curled hair on the white duvet cover and a very long dark hair on the sheet of the other bed. My family and I gathered our belongings and went downstairs to talk to Chris. He was bubbly still and asked how the room was, we told him about the hair, he appeared appalled. We told him that he could either have the beds remade or change the room whichever was easier for him. He said it was easier to change the room assignment,

Room number 2 was also on the 5th floor, Chris said "Call me if there are any issues with this room." This new room was about 3 doors away from the 1st room. We got up to the 5th floor again and the key didn't work...*not happy at this point but keeping our cool* We walked back down to the lobby and told Chris that the keys did not work for the 2nd room and he said "I'm so sorry about that, I must not have changed the room from the 1st one. I'll get it right this time" So he gave us the keys back and we walked up to the 5th floor for the THIRD time and this time the keys worked. I went about my time and checked the beds and yes, there was hair again...the same looking hair as before. This time I was tired and hungry as we were waiting for our room to eat dinner from our long trip. We gathered our belongings and walked back down stairs and I couldn't even talk to Chris so I sent my husband to talk to him. Chris looked as if he didn't believe us, so I walked up to the front desk and he said "Im so sorry, I can't believe 2 rooms and 2 problems with hair, I've never seen this before." He said "I'll send a facilities person up to the room with you this time if you want in case there are any issues." I said "I left the beds as I found the hairs, so you know we're not lying." He said (Insincerely) "I don't think you're lying. I believe you, this is just something that I've never seen before."

3rd room, on the 4th floor, let's make a long story short at this point...Chad the facilities guy met us at the room and there was hair on the sheets. He remade the bed including a newly cleaned duvet cover and down comforter that he had to assemble himself, because I DID NOT want to change rooms again. Chad took the hair on a coffee cup lid down to Chris to show him. Chad was so incredibly professional and polite. He was making small talk about where we're from and our trip to Ohio. We mentioned we were going to the pool but didn't know if we'd make the deadline of 10pm because it was already 8:45pm and we still needed to eat dinner. He asked us where we wanted to eat dinner and we told him, he gave us wonderful directions and said that he would leave the pool open for us. He said the pool had to be closed before he left for the night but he would leave it open so we could enjoy dinner and then come back to swim.

We went downstairs with Chad and Chris was so surprised that there was hair on the 3rd bed but happy to know Chad took care of it. Chris said he would give us half off of our room and 1 breakfast coupon for the morning. Somewhere in the shuffle he forgot to give us the 1 breakfast coupon but I was too tired to even try for it.

While we were in the pool area, Chad came back and made more small talk while he restocked items, he is just a delight and should be recognized for his outstanding customer service and willingness to go above and beyond.

The pool is only 5 foot deep at the most deepest end and with my husband of 6'4" he always scrapped his knees at the bottom of the pool. The whirlpool had a dial that you can set to your time preference of how long you want the jets on. I set the dial for 15 minutes and the jets NEVER went off. I had to manually turn off the jets. I tried again and the jets didn't go off, what I think from years of being a maintenance supervisor is that the moisture in the air rusted the knob so it didn't work properly.

Morning came and our bill was under our door, full price and no discount as Chris had mentioned. *UGGGHHHHH* My son and husband went to the pool in the morning and I went downstairs and spoke to a VERY nice gentleman who was about 5'7" and had light brown very curly short hair. I told him I had an issue but I KNEW he could help me with it :-) He smiled and appreciated the confidence. I told him the story about the hair and the 3 rooms and everything and how Chris said he would give us half off our room and it's not on the bill. This nice gentleman gave us the half off and offered us 3 breakfast coupons for this morning which we accepted.

Breakfast would have been $9.99 per person and is a combination of buffet and server. Gloria was working in the morning and she is just a delight. The food was fresh, hot and well prepared...VERY WELL WORTH the money had we paid it.

Side note: the beds have a "system" it's a knob that you turn to make the bed hard or soft and you can control both sides of the bed independently. The knob on my side of the bed didn't work :-( I mentioned it to a woman who was working the front desk Saturday morning around 9am and she said she would have someone take a look.

The WIFI was great, and worked well :-)

Now you understand the splitting hairs review...I truly hope this helped.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kdpease
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
kdpease,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback from your stay. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. It is uncommon amoung our housekeeping staff, but I hope that the rest of the room met your expectations and satisfied your needs.

We also appreciate the review of our service provided and breakfast options. We will be sure to pass along your review to the rest of the staff. Thank you again, and we hope to serve you in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We just stayed a night here, but enjoyed it a lot. Everyone that we came into contact with at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. There was an issue with the crib they sent up for my daughter and they worked very hard to rectify the situation, and checked to make sure everything was ok. The hotel lobby and rooms are very clean. I highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Kavegirl,

Thank you for the reivew! I am glad that our staff worked hard to make your stay great, and that we could get your needs met with the crib. I will pass along your thoughtful words to our staff. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again the next time you're in the area!

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel seemed to run very well and staff were always professional and courteous. I did not try the buffet but it looked like a reasonable option for 10 bucks. The room was comfortable and clean. The internet worked well and is free. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Natsfan24,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property about your stay. We enjoy hearing the guests' comments! We are glad that you could use some of the free amenities we offer our guests.

We hope to serve you again the next time you're in the area. Thanks again for the kind words!

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The place was very good. Our room was lovely, except the walls seemed a little thin and we could occasionally here traffic from the highway.
The breakfast has a good variety of food for the buffet as well as made to order items.
I would come back here.
We did not use the workout room and pool so I can't comment on that part of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
bprimadona,

Thank you so much for the review of our property! I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and sampled some of our made to order items as well. We hope we can serve you again in the future, and hope you had a wonderful new year!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

It's on of the best property of Hilton Garden Inn although it's not in a high profile location.I say that because of service,service and service....... I've stayed here a number of times in last 3 years and it amazes me how every employee from the general manager to the housekeeping guy takes such pride in the service they provide. Roger, GM and Ileana, Front desk manager have gone out of their way many times to make my stay comfortable and pleasant. Great job!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Guru1007,

Thank you for your reivew of our property. I will pass along your kind words to Elena as well. We enjoy being able to serve you while you are here on business, and hope to see you again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Mara (the chef),Mandy, Chad, Misty, Caroline, and Sean were all very nice. We stayed here almost three weeks and were given places to go see, help to have a dinner party in the front cozy lobby.... There are washers and dryers for our extended stay.... One of the best things about the hotel is the room service from the "Blue Canyon Restaurant" which is located on the hotels property. The lobster mashed potatoes are worth staying there for....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden I... T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
debbieparker,

Thanks so much for the review! We really enjoy hearing from our guests. I will definitely pass along your complete satisfaction to our staff that you mentioned.

I hope that you can come back and stay with us again, and try some more of Blue Canyon's delicious food, or any of our great appetizers in the Garden Bar and Grille.

We hope to see you soon!

Roger Greene, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twinsburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Oakwood Village
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg? Share your experiences!