“Great Place.”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a large group at LA Piazza and everything went very smoothly. Our server worked extra hard to get everything right and met all our demands.

The food was great. We had everything from calamari, pasta, pizza, seafood and dessert. There were no complaints and I think everyone had food to take home. Our group ranged in age from 3 to 87.

I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found the food in this Italian restaurant, which was touted as GREAT! by the locals, as very average. I rate it actually below what you would find at a Cheesecake Factory, which is about a 1/2 hour away. The bread was a bit stale. My chicken marsala had too little marsala, the chicken had not been pounded enough, so it had thick places which seemed a bit undercooked, the mushrooms were almost nonexistent. Cheesecake Factory's is much, much better. I also had a side salad which had an actually good house dressing on it - which was the only thing I liked at this restaurant. I ordered hot tea, which tasted spoiled! so I sent it back - it really was undrinkable. I asked for bottled still water - which they did not have! Thank God I had a bottle of Poland Spring in my purse or I would have had nothing to drink.

That being said, the locals I was with seemed to like it. But I did notice that NO one even wanted to look at the dessert menu after their entrees. Makes me wonder if they were just trying to be polite?

Service seemed a bit tired - by a waitress who looked and seemed just very tired to be there - not engaging at all - but with the quality of the food, I didn't blame her. The restaurant was mostly empty when we went on a Wednesday evening.

The decor needs serious refurbishment, the carpet was well worn and had holes. The chairs had to be swapped out to find ones which weren't rickety to sit on.

My advice, go to Cheesecake Factory!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

It's not hard to find good Italian food almost anywhere. But it's something special to find great Italian in a small Ohio town. Troy is a picturesque county seat in western Ohio, north of Dayton. Typical strip malls and chain restaurants line the approach from I75, but the downtown area has a rural atmosphere marked by interesting shops and a fountain that is dyed red for the annual Strawberry Festival.

La Piazza sits on a corner of the town Square. Established by a family with a record of successful Italian restaurants in Dayton, La Piazza serves a broad variety of dishes that are perfectly seasoned and well presented. For us, the foundation of every visit is the house salad dressing and garlic butter served with perfect crusty bread.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We go to Lapiazza on a regular basis, Overlooking the Public Square, with outdoor seating in the summer you can listen to the public free concerts while having a glass of wine. They are famous for the House Salad with the GARLIC dressing and italian bread that is dipped in Olive Oil. They offer Happy hour for drinks and the food is Very Worthy. This is a busy resturant.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This restaurant in downtown Troy is popular for dinner. The arrangement inside is not customer friendly and you may find yourself eating elbow to elbow with a stranger. The staff is efficient and the food delicious.

Been to LA Piazza Pasta & Grill? Share your experiences!