“My wife loves their salsa...”

La Fiesta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Potsdam, Ohio, United States
“My wife loves their salsa...”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

She stops and gets chips and salsa, so I actually don't know when SHE visited last! I like the decor and love to sit outside on the patio when the weather is good,

Visited March 2012

Troy, Ohio
“Ola la la!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Some of the best and most authentic fare outside of Mexico. Please, try the corn tortillas instead of the flour tortillas (that's authentic)!
The atmosphere was gestive, the food was great and the service was spectacular. My wife and I always get more than our money's worth at La Fiesta!
When you see a full parking lot continually, you know they are doing something right!
Note: even though there is a full parking lot, you will be seated quickly, if not imediately!
We wil return again and again!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Robert B
Dayton, Ohio
“Hands down BEST mexican food in the area”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Love this restaurant. Their food is the best Mexican food anywhere around. We try to go, at least, once a month and it's a drive for us. The place is very small. I would love to see them expand. The food comes out quickly and it's very inexpensive.

• Visited July 2012
greenville ohio
“food cold”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

the food was sold cold will not visit again!!!! i feel that eating there was a big nistake!!!!

Visited July 2012
Western New York
“Very Popular, but Over-Rated”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I know this review is going to fly in the face of those who have reviewed this previously, but I'm just not as impressed with La Fiesta as others are. It's a decent Mexican restaurant, but not great. It's relatively small, and often very crowded. However, you can get around this by eating at the bar; either at the bar itself or at some tables that situated in the bar area.

The restaurant itself is somewhat run down (bathrooms need some work) and I don't mind that in a Mexican restaurant if the food is really good. To start with the positive, they do bring you out some really fresh tortilla chips and salsa when you are seated. I don't drink Margaritas myself, but I dined with someone who did and he pronounced them excellent. The food is brought out very quickly... perhaps a bit too quickly.

My problem with La Fiesta begins with the food itself. It's just bland. Everything from the enchiladas to the re-fried beans to the rice. And by bland I don't just mean that it isn't spicy... I just didn't think there was a lot of flavor to it. It's not that it tastes bad; it's just that there isn't a lot of taste at all. I kept pouring various kinds of hot sauces on it (which are readily available at the table) to try to generate something that would perk up my taste buds.

I've eaten in several Mexican restaurants that suffer from this problem and I've eaten at many that serve excellent food (if you ever find yourself in Albuquerque be sure and go to Cervantes!). So that's why I rated it average. Sorry Troy, but Mexican food should be better than this.

• Visited May 2012