“Great steak”

Applebee's
Ranked #37 of 90 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was my first Applebee's visit and pleased that i tried it. I skipped the starters and went straight to the bourbon whiskey steak with mushrooms, caramelised onions and red potatoes. I asked for medium well steak and that is what was delivered to my table in a short space of time. The marinade was a lovely taste and all was piping hot. I wasn't going to indulge in a dessert but my willpower crumbled and went for a hot fudge shooter. Glad I did and it was quickly devoured. The waitress (Kara) was helpful, efficient and friendly. Good value in my opinion and I will be returning.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We did the 2 for $25 dinner deal, very good food and plenty of food. My husband had a steak cooked to perfection. I had the chicken with vegetables, the grilled vegetables were great. For the price we had a very expensive meal at a great price. The food was delicious and the service was very fast. The waitress checked on us several time to make sure we were satisfied.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We often make the trip from Bowling Green to Springfield and have dinner at different locations. We chose this restaurant because we enjoy their menu items and prefer to know our food choices. The food was actually very good - but the service was not. Our waitress was friendly to all the tables around us who were obviously townies. She hung out at their tables chatting and chatting and chatting. My husband's drink wasn't refilled and our food took 50 minutes to arrive. Appetizer was cold. Even getting carryout container took forever. A manager walked by at least three times and never stopped. I would've shared our experience with him - but he was busy.

Finally straw was watching another couple try to sit in the booth - food all over the floor and benches. When they asked for it to be cleaned, the young girl literally did a 180 and stomped away. She did return but didn't clean it - they had to ask another waitress to clean it for them.

Details - details - details!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We arrived at Applebees for an early dinner (around 5pm)
It was still happy hour and we could get half price appetizers and drinks *not shots.
We ordered an appetizer, a salad wedge, and 2 adult meals, 1 kids meal.
The appetizer was the beer cheese and pretzels and the best part of the meal. The salad wedge was not impressive (just last week i had a wedge from Red Robin that was incredible for $3 vs the $5 from Applebees). My dinner being a new option was fine and nothing exciting. My husband got ribs that were not good and for the price should have went next door to get a steak. My son ordered a kids steak which they only offer medium or medium well. It should be leather or leatherette because you could barely cut it much less chew it. Needless to say even though I had to pay full price for the appetizer (apparently there is a secret menu they point to to show you which are half off) it was the most enjoyable part of the meal. Had I not had a gift card I would not have gone and I will not go back.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This Applebee's has the best wait staff ever! They cater to your "high maintenance" needs always with a smile. The menu is extensive and they have the export beer that I enjoy.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!