“Very Good Coffee Shop”

Boston Stoker
Ranked #34 of 87 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is a very good coffee shop in a small strip plaza near the highway. They proffer good coffee creations as well as some interesting options of other types, especially in their variety of tea offerings.

I was craving coffee on our journey up I-75 and saw the Boston Stoker insignia on the highway blue sign. It was relatively easy to find as it was just a few yards to the east of the exit once off the highway. The easily spotted location was at the end of a strip plaza that was nice enough but rather unremarkable. The storefront presented an attractive appearance and, in spite of the workaday appearance of the strip plaza, the interior was actually very smartly done with a nice feel that had vintage touches. The segmented seating was a little limited but was arranged to provide a cozy feel with a certain sense of being removed from the crowd anywhere one chose to sit.

The menu presented several interesting options for a variety of drink creations including coffees, smoothies and teas. Items like the Ghirardelli Latte produced some intrigue. However, between the two of us, we had a simple dark roast coffee and a cinnamon plum iced tea. The coffee was very good and the tea was a nice change of pace with a pleasant taste. The bakery selections were a little sparse when we were there in the middle of the afternoon. However, there was a 2-for-1 deal on biscottis (lemon iced and peppermint chocolate) so we had those for a treat.

The service was very good as the person who waited on us was not the most outgoing chap but he was quite efficient. The prices were also quite reasonable.

Overall, this was a nice shop offering a good ambiance. It was convenient to the highway though it seemed to be frequented more by locals. The drinks were very good and the prices were such that they were a pretty good deal. I would recommend making a stop here if you are in the mood for a coffee creation or possibly a smoothie or a tea.

There are newer reviews for Boston Stoker

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Fun coffee shop with a few beverage options that are a bit off the beaten track. Loved the whiskey and caramel taste of the Boston Grogg latte

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This place feels like a comfortable, upscale living room with delightful drinks. Not a lot of food, but they have desserts and oatmeal. I especially like their tea.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I just happened to stop into Boston stoker for large cup of hot chai. My original plan was to go across the street to Starbucks but laziness prevailed. I ordered a venti chai with whipped cream, cinnamon and nutmeg but was told they don't carry nutmeg. The surroundings were pleasant enough, several tables were occupied mostly with people and their IPads. The young lady serving me too was pleasant. I left with my chia and started to return home and took the first sip....it tasted like warm milk, whipped cream and cinnamon but did not have any of the chai blend. It was undrinkable. This could be an honest mistake by the girl who made it but why bother to try again when there is a Starbucks across the street. They know how to make chai!