“I wanted to enjoy the food and experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tin Roof on the Miami - CLOSED

Tin Roof on the Miami
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: Specialties include corn grilled meats, cooked over the only restaurant grill in the country using shelled corn as fuel.
Troy, Ohio, United States
“I wanted to enjoy the food and experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

When we arrived at dinner on a Friday night there were 3 tables with people and 2 servers. There are tables that overlook the water area and my son asked to sit there. He was not allowed to sit there in case a few big parties came in. We received one drink each and no one returned to ask if we wanted another beer, water, etc. I almost choked and drank my sons water. My husband has one beer and was wanting a second. We wanted to pay and after 20 minutes of being done eating had to go ask for our check. No one else came in so you would think with our server only having 2 tables we would have had excellent service (and they should have known to allow us to sit by the window). The service sucked and the price of the food was not even close to worth it. My son wanted a steak so the only option was a full meal. I will not go back. I have friends that recommended it but for 2 adults and one 8 year old it was $100. We did have an appetizer.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Natasha C

“Worst food i ever ate...no kidding.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Steak was really expensive, was just like rubber..it was hard to cut with a knife, and it was real thin, baked potato was hard. There were 4 in our party and no one was able to eat the food, actually was so bad we had to eat at another restaurant after attempting to stomach this stuff (wait, did i just call this place a restaurant?, what a joke)

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank rwhjr
North Port, Florida
“Nice local place with good service and food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband, parents and I visited the Tin Roof for dinner. We liked the inside decor and cute little shop. The large window overlooking the river is beautiful. Our waitress was the daughter of the owners and was very nice! I was happy to hear they make most all desserts and sides. We got the new york strip steak. It was cooked good and had good flavor but a lot of fat. The chicken & dumplings didn't have much flavor. Cornbread, salad, baked potato and their housemade dressing was very good. We also all liked the fresh cut fries. Portions seemed generous. The prices are on the higher side but seems to be good quality. We also got the key lime pie and banana walnut cake which both were excellent and very well priced being home made. We spent just under $100 (not including drinks) but were happy with it all. We normally never spend that much but was a special occasion. We plan to return to try different items they have. Really glad we finally came here!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Troy, Ohio
“I've tried to like this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I really wanted to like this place. I really did. I like to support local business. They do have some great steaks and burgers but that is about it. It is an out of the way location. It doesn't offer a very big menu. Took forever to get our food. The owners need to stay in the kitchen. I know they are trying but they do not have the personality to mingle with customers.

• Visited March 2014
Troy, Ohio, United States
“Service was great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a great server, the food just was not worth the price. The appetizers tasted as they were a frozen product. My chicken breast was very dry. The steak was suppose to be well done and it was very rare. I felt it was a cheap cut of steak. They were out of several kinds of beers. The server tried to make up for the poor quality of food.

• Visited August 2013