“New and Nice”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Fabulous entrance with great decor. Our room was very nice with jetted tub ( great for relaxing after a long day on the road). Extra room with a sofa seperate from the bed area. Very comfortable bed. The hotel is a little difficult to find of the highway. It is behind Walmart, close to the Outback restaurant to which you can walk.There are appetizers available from 4:30-7:30 which is a nice touch when you arrive. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Get the jetted tub!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a great place to stay. Have stayed here 4 times now, and will continue to do so. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the bathroom is large and well appointed. Staff is very friendly and courteous. Breakfast has a nice assortment with eggs, sausage, and make your own waffles. Right off the expressway, with a very good Outback Restaurant across the service drive (walking distance).

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This fairly new place is very comfortable and very roomy suites. Though it is close to the highway, I could not hear the traffic at all. My only complaint is the single elevator had an annoyingly squeaky door that sounded like maintenance were using a power drill outside my room (that was nearby) every time the door opened and closed. But didn't seem to bother me through the night. The complimentary breakfast was typical fair and not a lot of room to eat in their lobby area. Spend the money and go have a great breakfast at Bob Evan's nearby.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Traveling from Memphis to Ontario, so got in late and left early. Nevertheless, this was a very impressive property. The price was about the same as other Comfort hotels, but the rooms were exceptionally large (two queens plus a couch), clean and well-appointed. The pool was open until 11 pm--much appreciated by our kids as we arrived after 10 pm. The breakfast was very good--including hot eggs and sausage. Really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This property is brand new and you can tell the minute you walk in. The lobby is gorgeous, the pool is awesome, with mosaic tiles and a color-changing pool/hot tub light. The pool area was very warm, which made the water feel cold, but it was great once you got in!. Breakfast was the usual, but any free breakfast was good. Location is very close to everything you could want (retail, food) but the property is tucked BEHIND Walmart, so the location is a little awkward. Rooms were very nice sized, beautiful bathroom, but the sofa bed mattress was TERRIBLE. I would NOT plan on sleeping 6 in this room only because of that. We ended up skipping it, and using the sofa cushions and comforters to build a bed on the floor instead. Decor is beautiful though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one evening. The property appears to be fairly new. I was impressed with the size of the room. It was clean and had a nice decor. What I was not impressed with the the interaction I had with a member of the front desk staff. The night before, after showering, I realized the hair dryer was not working. I contacted the front desk and was told that there were none available and that I would be receiving a discount off of my bill for the inconvenience. I slept with wet hair and a towel on my pillow.

The following morning the bill appeared and there was no discount. When I contacted the front desk, the clerk basically told me that she did not know if I would get a 10% discount because they had a closet full of hairdryers. She said she would have to get approval from a manager. When I told her I never asked for the discount, it was volunteered to me, she started on a rant about management having a meeting about the fact that too many discounts were given out. She said she was told they would be fired for doing so. When I went to speak next she literally hung up on me! I was not yelling, not using foul language, nothing. I disagreed with her and I guess she didn't like it. It was only a 10% discount. It was the principal of the thing. She gave me the impression that this is a franchise property and they nickel and dime everything to death.

I eventually spoke to the manager who apologized and basically told me that there was no such meeting, no closet full of hairdryers and that she would take care of this. She offered a free night at that hotel which I was not interested in. This is not a hotel I will return to. She said they would take 10% off of my bill. I have no idea at this point if this was even done.

The elevator is extremely noisy and we could hear it all night long from our room.

I normally prefer Hilton properties and think I will return to them in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Troy, Ohio on June 29th and 30th as part of a wedding party. I was impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the hotel, as well as the cost. More importantly, the staff was absolutely wonderful to work with. On Friday a major storm blew through the area leaving most establishments without power, even at the hotel they were without their computer systems for all of Friday night and into Saturday. Of course, the hotel was also completely booked on these days and in light of this stress, the staff continued to be friendly and helpful. The hotel is located in walking distance to several restuarants and also Walmart. The other area hotels are located across Route 41. If you are staying in Troy, Ohio, I would definitely recommend the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy
Budget Inn Troy
Budget Inn Troy
#7 of 9 in Troy

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!