“A great welcome”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Arriving in the US for a three week road trip, and after a heavy delay at Dullas and a diversion to Dayton vs Indy we were very happy to arrive at this hotel.

Pros:
12 miles from airport - $50 taxi with tip.
Great welcome
Clean room
Super powerful air con
Comfortable bed
Quiet room on second floor
Free fast WiFi
Good hot coffee and breakfast

Cons:
Sofa bed not the most comfortable but good enough for our 11 year son to sleep 8 hrs. :)

Room Tip: Room 211 was great....
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MOOONTOUR

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My sister, my daughter, and i stayed at the Fairfield Inn on a recent visit to Troy, OH, during the Annual Strawberry Festival. We were able to get a room although all other hotels were full. We were greeted after a late arrival by Katie, who was working the desk. She was very kind and worked quickly to get us in our room. It was a great nights sleep. The King bed was quite comfortable for my sister and i while my daughter slept in the sofa bed. Our room was spacious and clean. We got a good room rate with our AAA membership. Breakfast was very good. Will def stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few months but after finding a roach in the bath shower I am done with the Troy, Ohio - Marriot Fairfield. I reported it to the General Manager and this is part of her response. "suggested I saw" but it is "Tis the season for bugs?"

Marriot Fairfield "General Manager - Julie" comments:

"I also learned that you suggested that you saw cockroaches in your room. A very serious thing to us. We have our properties professionally treated by Orkin monthly, and in my 15 years with the company, have never seen a cockroach at either one of our hotels here in Troy. Tis the season for spiders, etc., to come in and we do everything available to keep them out in line with ecologically safe chemicals, but sometimes one slips through, but never a cockroach."

My next action:
After this response I called Marriot - directly and I forwarded the Fairfield General Manager
e-mail to Marriot as well and was told that "it is not a Marriot - hotel" but a franchise so the hotel has to deal with it. I am truly disappointed in Marriot persons response as I would have thought their Brand meant more to them. I ask the Marriot person that I spoke to add to my record of our call that I would like to have someone from Marriot get back to me with what action would be taken with the hotel. It is going on 6 weeks now and no call from Marriot about the status of my complaint. The Marriot Fairfield is badly in need of a renovation and pest control.

I have moved my business to Hampton Troy and very happy with the decision.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bdprunning
Julie I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Good Morning -
I am sorry that my response to your concern was not satisfactory. As I stated, we have a professional pest control company do preventative ecologically safe treatments once a month. The day that you suggested that you had a cockroach in your shower, we called Orkin in immediately. They did a thorough investigation of your room and surrounding rooms. They found nothing. As I stated, in the spring, it is inevitable that a few insects get through, but in my 15 years with these hotels, we have never found or had anyone else find a confirmed 'cockroach'. We consistently score high in cleanliness and although a franchise, we proudly run our hotels in strict accordance with Marriott Standards.

Julie Isely

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here for one night after a wedding. Very average with old looking and run down rooms. Definitely nothing special. Breakfast was good but very crowded. Did not have any problems except a lot of confusion with the shuttle too and from the wedding. The shuttle did not seem prepared for as many people as stayed at hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
Donna S, Asst. General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy.

You indicated in your response that your guest room was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Kindest Regards,

Lindsay Fulton, Asst. General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Very reasonably priced hotel, just north of Dayton, Ohio. Quiet location, could not hear I-75 highway traffic. Breakfast was better than most. Host was very helpful and friendly. Room was clean. Nice large bathroom with separate sink area. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 19, 2014

First of all, I'm very surprised by how little people must expect from a hotel to give this hotel 3-4stars.
This fairfield is in terrible shape, really old and unrennovated, UNCOMFORTABLE SPRING OLD BEDS, dirty green(almost yellow) carpets, black grout tiles, wobbly toilet seats, dirty vanities and very very old furniture is one of the few issues with this place. I've stayed here 3-4times now and never received an upgrade being a platinum.
The only reason I stay here is because its one of the only two marriotts in a 25mile radius.
The staff is really nice, just the hotel itself is falling apart with really poor hygiene, and uncomfortable beds.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank VirenHM
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Good location of I-75 with some shopping and several kinds of restaurants close by. Very good staff at the front desk and super friendly Donna working in the breakfast lounge. The room is large with a separated living room area. The bed was ok and the pillows weren't that good - one wasn't enough and two was too much. Two TV's but the one remote ran them both? Turn off the bed TV and the living room unit turned on? That needs addressed, especially when you turn it off to go to sleep and the other turns on. The heater is next to the bed and is very loud as it turns on and off thru the night. I turned it off both nights. The first night I could hear the guest next door snoring thru the wall. Overall an average hotel. My room seemed like it was missing some pictures and decorations.

Room Tip: Get a top floor for reduced noise from other floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Piqua

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy? Share your experiences!