“An Excellent Choice Among Many........”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Fairfax,VA
“An Excellent Choice Among Many........”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Fairfield Inn was easy to find among the many competing hotels on the same road. Upon arrival, we were immediately greeted with a very warm welcome. After settling into our room, about 30 minutes later, we received a phone call from the front desk to make sure everything was satisfactory with our room and it was, it was excellent. Another nice gesture of hospitality was the personal note from our housekeeper welcoming us to the hotel and wishing us a good stay. We really enjoyed all these personal touches and wished other hotels would do this also. Our nice, quiet room overlooked a beautiful gazebo outside. The room itself was exceedingly clean with a very comfy bed (I had problems getting up the next morning!). The complimentary breakfast was excellent, service was tops, we never felt so pampered. We would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ChefKFairfax_VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Indiana
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Greeted by Josh at the front desk, I immediately was welcomed as a Platinum member and thanked for my loyalty. He noted my special requests (extra towels, higher floor) and said when giving me my room keys "We have put you on a higher floor, and there are some extra towels in your room, per your request!" Very nice. Breakfast was explained as to time and location. I did not eat breakfast however, so I can not weigh in on it. "Market" pantry in lobby for cold drinks and snacks. Room was nice- clean, with Paul Mitchell toiletries and was quiet with a good air conditioner. VERY nice gym for a small town Fairfield. New Lifefitness treadmill and elliptical, both with individual TV's. There was also free weights. Surprising. Usually you get a small dark and nasty room with old equipment. I was pleased. Overall the service at this hotel really put it over the edge as it compares to other "similar level" hotels. Hotel is just a short way off the highway. couple chain restaurants nearby as well as a small downtown area with a couple small local restaurants. I wouldn't "choose" to visit this area, but it was surely an unexpected surprise. Well done, Fairfield!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ilovelamp27
Jane Lew, West Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Troy while looking at an automobile in the area. We arrived at about 10:00 pm and were able to get a room with a king size bed. the room was clean and comfortable.There was a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Hot breakfast was provided with the room and was great. There were waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, pastries, oatmeal, coffee, juices, and lots of other items. This is a wonderful place to stay if traveling in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dan D
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night recently on a business trip. Pros: The hotel is convenient to the highway and several restaurants, the staff was friendly and helpful, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and it came with a fridge and microwave. Cons: The walls are a little thin, the rooms are a little small, the towels are very small, and the AC unit was VERY loud. (I ended up setting it to have the fan run constantly to keep it from waking me up. This also helped address the thin walls.)

Overall, the pros slightly outweigh the cons and I would probably stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lansing Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2012

A very nice place to stay!

The staff at this location is very personable and friendly. Every staff member we encountered made us feel welcome and were very helpful (I wish I could remember some of the names as they deserve a shout out). We were even greeted the next morning by the staff members stocking for the guest breakfast. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable and my husband and I enjoyed the cookies provided to the guests. The next time I'm in this area, I would choose this hotel for my stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelLover010
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Troy the weekend of May 5-6, 2012. We were in the area to visit The National Museum of the Air Force/Wright Patterson Air Force Base and to do some shopping at The Greene at Beavercreek. As we knew we would not be hanging out at the hotel or in the room much we decided to stay in a more budget-conscious place than we normally do.
Upon arrival we were glad to see the inn was easy to find with plenty of parking. The landscaping and parking lot looked well-maintained. The siding on the building, the door frames, and the signage look a little worn which gives the exterior a bit of a shabby appearance.
Stepping through the two main front doors (which are not automatic - fun with luggage in tow!) things improve nicely. The decor is updated and looked very well maintained. The lobby, breakfast lounge and pool were all within sight and made us feel good about our choice of inns.
Sally at the front desk was welcoming, helpful and very efficient.
Our room was pretty much what we expected at this price. Well decorated enough to be cozy but definately with the build budget in mind. With that said it was VERY clean, quiet, with a comfortable bed and plenty of pillows. Everything worked and was well maintained. We were also happy with the air conditioning - it worked well and kept everything nice and cool even while we showered in the morning.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend giving the Fairfield a try.

Room Tip: The elavators are located in the center of the building. We stayed at the end of the hall and heard...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert O
Stryker, OH
Reviewed March 27, 2012

What a nice place! We stayed here with our church youth group and found it to be a very nice place. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. The beds were comfortable and had the best pillows ever! A dining nook for breakfast was available with a good selection from waffles to scrambled eggs to many other things. Finally, the desk clerks were friendly and helpful. If I return to this area, I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Top floor, non-smoking rooms are always the best!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JWilliam0316
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City
Budget Inn Troy
Budget Inn Troy
#6 of 9 in Troy

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy? Share your experiences!