“A for Attitude”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Kansas City
“A for Attitude”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is everything you would expect it to be: close to the interstate, tucked in behind some chain restaurants, three stories, nondescript views, etc. Which is all good, if your expectations are met, which they were in this case.

But special kudos to the staff, who seemed to have that extra level of engagement--they seemed to really care that everything was right, that I was being served, and that any problems were addressed quickly. Didn't really have any problems, but I'm sure they would have gotten right after it if I did.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms face north or south, views are blah in both directions, so do you want sun (south) or no...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
troyhiexpressGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear lesuerg,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay at our property. I am delighted our hotel met your every expectation. We love how convenient our location is to restaurants and the highway; I am glad this aspect of our hotel was something you valued as well.

The staff works hard to ensure all our guests needs are met and their stay is a memorable one. We strive to ensure all our guests are taken care of and if they are not we strive to make it better. I am delighted that you recognized this in my staff and shared it in your review. Your comments have been distributed so all departments can relish in your kind words.

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel while you were in the Troy area and hope to see you again in the near future!

Erin Jensen
tryoh@woh.rr.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff

Hotel needs an upgrade-carpet stains and old style bathrooms

Breakfast buffet was good and well attended.

Would probably stay at the adjacent Hampton inn during my next visit to troy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear FrankC,

I am sorry that you didn't feel that the hotel was what you expected it to be. The hotel was completely renovated in 2010.

I do appreciate you taking the time to write your review. Thank you for staying with us.

Patty
Jackson, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

When we arrived at this HIE, we were greeted by personable desk clerk Austin, who welcomed us as if we were long-lost family. That was enough to put smiles on our faces for the entire time we spent there! The hotel is near everything (the highway, restaurants, gas, department stores) and just a short drive to the charming downtown square.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BandJSwanson,
We are so glad that you felt that you were being "Welcomed Home". That is one of our goals with our guests. We know that our guests will have a comfortable stay if they feel like they are at home.
We look forward to the time that you will get to stay "at Home" with us again. Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review.
Patty
Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was attending an event in Piqua, Ohio but the host hotel was sold out and the others in Piqua were poorly rated by reviewers. I chose the HIE in Troy and found that it took me barely any longer to get to the event on the outskirts of Piqua than if I had stayed at the host hotel near the Piqua freeway exit.

The HIE was clean, well managed, and had everything I needed. The breakfast offered good variety and quality. As retired military, I got the government rate and paid $77. plus tax. It was a great value, especially on Memorial Day weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to write to us. We hope that you will stay with us again anytime you are in the Troy, OH area. Best Wishes to you. Patty, Director of Sales
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My family and I have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express motels in many states, and most are far nicer than this one. There was nothing particularly wrong. It was just an older property. It appears not to have been built as a Holiday Inn Express. It think it was a property converted from something else. Like I said, it's adequate. If I were traveling through this area again. I think I would choose one of the newer and nicer motels in the immediate area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Hoosier_Family06,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was delayed in arriving to this hotel and let the Manager know of this. The person I was traveling with also called the front desk to let them know wew would not be arriving on Sunday, 27 Jan, as our flights were cancelled for that night and we would be arriving on Monday, 28 Jan. I did not receive anything from the manager about this. When we checked in we asked if we were going to be charged for Sundays stay as it was out of our control to get there. The front desk said that we would have to talk with the manager when she came in. We talked with her and got a canned response that it was corporate policy to not refund the stay as it was past the cutoff time. We also emailed Corporate about this and got a canned response that the Manager would be in contact with us before we checked out. I am stilll waiting for her to contact me!!! This is the worst stay and I travel a lot to all over the world. The staff was great, the hotel manager is the problem. I think she is afraid to interact and communicate with the hotel patrons.

The brochure states that there is a refriderator in every room. I had to ask for one and wait until the next day to get it.

The spa did not work and needed a serious cleaning. I was white from the paint when i got out of it. It was hot but the jets would not turn on.

There is a Hampton and a Residence Inn right across the street and I would stay at one of them the next time I am in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Peter P,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments online. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that your stay was negatively affected by the service received from the staff. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Once again, thank you and I do apologize and regret that this impacted your stay with us.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Prince Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have been travelling for awhile now and have decided that the Holiday Inn and Suites provide the perfect accomodations for us. They tend to be located on good exits off the main highway near places to eat and safe places to go out and stretch your legs. This location provided all the little extras you could hope for. The girl at the registration desk was great. She was pleasant, helpful and made it a great experience. The cost of the room was very reasonable and the breakfast was good. Easy on/off from I75 and very clean. The sound from the room next door was a bit of an inconvenience but we were tired so slept despite it. That is the reason we scored the room as average.

Room Tip: There is a lot of sound that transfers from the adjoining room so I would ask for a room with nobody...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Piqua
Residence Inn Dayton Troy
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Troy? Share your experiences!