“Didn't honor my cancellation!”

Holiday Inn Express Troy
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed July 16, 2008

I cancelled four rooms over the phone and the clerk did not put it into the computer. Some weeks later I discovered four charges totalling over $400 on my credit card for the rooms, which of course were never used. The GM, who was hard to get in touch with, eventually refunded only half of my money. She said I had to produce phone records that I had called (tough to do since it was from my workplace) and then she would 'investigate'.
I am still utterly displeased and I want my money back. If you are planning a trip to this hotel, please get a cancellation number.

• Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank Bgsu2001
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Troy

Reviewed June 24, 2007

Our family stayed here on a trip through Ohio. The check-in and check-out process was easy and the desk clerk was very friendly.

The hotel and the hotel room were very clean. The indoor pool was nice but a little bit small.

The complimentary continental breakfast was nice. The food was fresh-looking and the area was clean.

Our only problem is that the hotel was a little pricey.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 11, 2007

I recently had to make a trip to see my nieces baptism near Troy, Ohio, and there wasn't much left as far as where to stay. I had gotten on the internet to see if there was anything available for Troy, Holiday Inn Express and we booked with the 800 number. That was a pleasant conversation where the individual was very nice. This extended into our stay. The room was very clean and the stay was very pleasant. The people at the front desk were willing to help in any way possible. The only bad I would have to say is that the indoor pool needed to have less chlorine in it but it still was nice to relax in the enclosed area. I will stay again when I go to visit in that area. Great Stay!!! Keep up the good work!

Reviewed February 25, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. I am originally from Ohio and the company I work for is located in Troy. Whenever I visit my hometown (Springfield) or Troy I stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I have stayed at the hotel for business only, a combination of business and leisure as well as leisure only. I have stayed here by myself and with my family. Every visit has been enjoyable. The few times that I have had any sort of problem, the hotel has resolved the issue or taken care of me. The hotel is located within walking distance of shopping and food. The hotel is exactly what I expect for my dollar.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank WalterS
A TripAdvisor Member
Bristol , Ct
Reviewed August 2, 2005

I have visited Troy numerous times and have stayed here at the Holiday Inn Express...... I found the staff extremely friendly and helpfull.. rooms were very clean... I will be returning in august and this is the first place I will go for lodgeing

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 17, 2005

um it pretty much sucked because they didnt have a room for us when we got there! who does that. plus, the lady was a big witch about it and she gets 2 thumbs down. i'm really upset right now. my friend has a sunburn and it hurts but we cant even have the room we RESERVED. what is this world coming to. so dont you visit this hotel ever, it will not give you promising results. thank you have a nice day

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank bob111111111999999
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed February 16, 2003

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for 2 days while on a business trip to Troy. My visit just happened to coincide with a winter storm that dumped a foot of snow on the area, and the folks at the Holiday Inn were terrific! I was very pleased with my room, and the staff were all cheerful and efficient. Each night when I arrived back there after a horrific drive through minimally-plowed city streets, I felt like I had made it safely home. And when I checked out (during a lull in the snow) I was assured that if conditions required me to stay another night, they would accomodate me. The customer service was outstanding.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Piqua

Been to Holiday Inn Express Troy? Share your experiences!