“An average hotel for a one night stop over off of I75”

Holiday Inn Express Troy
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel on our way north from florida. It has direct access off of I75 and is located near many chain restaurants. Upon arrival our reservation for a queen double bed family suite was not available as the hotel was overbooked (made my reservation through the 1800 number hours prior to arrival.) The hotel was very busy (girl's soccer team staying there) but the front desk manager was able to find us a king room with a pull out sofa and a roll away bed. She was very helpful and apologetic. The room itself should signs of wear. The bath was outdated and need fresh caulk. The jetted tub had high sides and was slippery. It was not designed for a family of small children. The room was non-smoking but the bed reaked of cigeratte smoke. We had to call for additional towels (only stocked with 3 sets) and bedding for the pull out sofa. The pool deck was tiled and when wet very slippery. The continental breakfast was nice, hot, and filling. Overall this hotel is adequate for a one night stop over while you are traveling along I75.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stopped here for one night while passing through the Dayton area; I chose this hotel again based on my positive experience a few months ago.

Once again, the Troy HIX did not dissapoint. Good location close to I-75, with restaurants and shopping a short walk away. The hotel itself is clean, spacious and has a "homey" feel to it. Everything worked (TV, wi-fi), comfortable bed, spacious room, and a quiet property.

This is now my "go-to" stop over when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank ToSquareBob1
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Easy access if traveling north or south on I75 and no better or worse than most other Interstate motels. In other words a clean, fairly quiet room with the standard amenities and breakfast - nothing that exceeded expectations but no serious complaints either. The evening we were there featured the (I believe) weekly "manager's reception" with complementary food (from Subway) and wine - a nice touch.
Less satisfactory was our on line booking experience. Holiday Inn Express gives you the opportunity to make a specific request and, since my wife has significant hip and knee problems I requested a ground floor room. But when we arrived I was told: "I'm sorry we don't have a ground floor room because everyone there decided to stay an extra night." Believable? - I'll leave the reader to reach his/her own conclusion. We ended up with a room about as far from the reception and parking areas as it was possible to get.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed here for one night while in teh Dayton area on business. I chose this property due to its location near I-75, proximity of lots of restaurants nearby (some a short walk away) and reviews on Tripadvisor.

The reviews are correct. This hotel is clean, very quiet, flat screen TV's in a spacious room, and overall has a nice friendly feel to it. I didn't use it but the pool looked "standard" but clean.

Only two small complaints; the bathroom is a nice size and nicely finished, but do something about the tile / tee-bar low ceiling with rusty tee-bars. Also, my usual complaint, the internet speed was very slow as the hotel filled up.

All in all, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank ToSquareBob1
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed here on our way to Florida. We were travelling with our golden retriever and were given the bottom floor right beside the outside door. It was a perfect set up. The rooms were super clean but overall a bit dated.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I was on business for a week and the hotel staff were friendly and went out of there way to help in any way they could. I am very thankful for there hospitality and glad I chose this hotel to stay in. Also, the breakfast was very good. You could not even tell the eggs were powdered;)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I highly recommend this hotel. I've stayed in Holiday Inn Express hotels before around Ohio, and found them to be clean and pleasant but VERY basic. This hotel in Troy was not like any of the other I had stayed in. It must have been renovated recently, because the rooms are very modern with bold colors - lovely. My room had a small microwave oven and a refrigerator which were nice touches and not at all expected. There is breakfast every morning, but I did not partake. I thought that this was also a nice touch and not at all "basic." The staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel is located near absolutely everything you could want or need in the way of shopping or dining. A good choice and a very pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
Baymont Inn & Suites Piqua
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Piqua

Been to Holiday Inn Express Troy? Share your experiences!