“An adequate overnight stop”

Holiday Inn Express Troy
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Easy access if traveling north or south on I75 and no better or worse than most other Interstate motels. In other words a clean, fairly quiet room with the standard amenities and breakfast - nothing that exceeded expectations but no serious complaints either. The evening we were there featured the (I believe) weekly "manager's reception" with complementary food (from Subway) and wine - a nice touch.
Less satisfactory was our on line booking experience. Holiday Inn Express gives you the opportunity to make a specific request and, since my wife has significant hip and knee problems I requested a ground floor room. But when we arrived I was told: "I'm sorry we don't have a ground floor room because everyone there decided to stay an extra night." Believable? - I'll leave the reader to reach his/her own conclusion. We ended up with a room about as far from the reception and parking areas as it was possible to get.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed here for one night while in teh Dayton area on business. I chose this property due to its location near I-75, proximity of lots of restaurants nearby (some a short walk away) and reviews on Tripadvisor.

The reviews are correct. This hotel is clean, very quiet, flat screen TV's in a spacious room, and overall has a nice friendly feel to it. I didn't use it but the pool looked "standard" but clean.

Only two small complaints; the bathroom is a nice size and nicely finished, but do something about the tile / tee-bar low ceiling with rusty tee-bars. Also, my usual complaint, the internet speed was very slow as the hotel filled up.

All in all, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank ToSquareBob1
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed here on our way to Florida. We were travelling with our golden retriever and were given the bottom floor right beside the outside door. It was a perfect set up. The rooms were super clean but overall a bit dated.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I was on business for a week and the hotel staff were friendly and went out of there way to help in any way they could. I am very thankful for there hospitality and glad I chose this hotel to stay in. Also, the breakfast was very good. You could not even tell the eggs were powdered;)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I highly recommend this hotel. I've stayed in Holiday Inn Express hotels before around Ohio, and found them to be clean and pleasant but VERY basic. This hotel in Troy was not like any of the other I had stayed in. It must have been renovated recently, because the rooms are very modern with bold colors - lovely. My room had a small microwave oven and a refrigerator which were nice touches and not at all expected. There is breakfast every morning, but I did not partake. I thought that this was also a nice touch and not at all "basic." The staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel is located near absolutely everything you could want or need in the way of shopping or dining. A good choice and a very pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Friendly, professional staff. Very clean, comfortable rooms. Good fitness room. Convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
klgexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Troy, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2010

From all of the staff at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Troy, OH, we would like to say, "Thank you"! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2008

I cancelled four rooms over the phone and the clerk did not put it into the computer. Some weeks later I discovered four charges totalling over $400 on my credit card for the rooms, which of course were never used. The GM, who was hard to get in touch with, eventually refunded only half of my money. She said I had to produce phone records that I had called (tough to do since it was from my workplace) and then she would 'investigate'.
I am still utterly displeased and I want my money back. If you are planning a trip to this hotel, please get a cancellation number.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Bgsu2001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
#3 of 9 in Troy
Residence Inn Dayton Troy
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City
Comfort Inn Miami Valley Centre Mall

Been to Holiday Inn Express Troy? Share your experiences!