Residence Inn Dayton Troy
Priceline
$89
$99
HIExpress.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshome away from homefront deskown bathroomincluded breakfastthe entire staffoatmealvery nice hotelstaff was friendlyeggsbedroomdishwasherkitchenettepethousekeeping
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Best hotel with a friendly staff, clean well kept rooms. We had a great room downstairs easy access with our pup. Great areas to walk her.

We traveled with our 5 month old German Shepherd puppy for a three night stay.

At check in we were asked to sign a 'non-smoking' policy for a no smoking property.
Unfortunate that this was not enforced with all guests. There were many guests who were
smoking at the exit doors, outside the pool area and outside dining areas. There were cigarette
butts on the ground and the hallways smelled of smoke. At check out I mentioned this to the desk
attendant and the reply was that they were being fined and that there was a problem and they were being charged the $250.00 smoking cleaning fee.

Great place, will stay there again. Nice quiet area off the highway and remotely tucked near a corporate park. We loved our time there with the exception of being exposed to inconsiderate smokers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KMSpidel
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Ridiculous Trip, there front desk staff is a joke, I walked into the associate leaning on the desk talking to her boyfriend or something rather, then instead of leaving he went and sat in the dining room and stared at me while I checked in, not a comfortable feeling....then she had such an attitude when checking me in I wanted to just walk out, when I asked who her manager I could contact was and she said that the manager will not want to hear my complaints, never again will I return to this hotel and I dont reccomend it to anyone

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NDFAN1
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The hotel is nothing fancy, but the service was good, room was clean and it was one of the few places we could find along the route of our roadtrip that allowed 2 medium/large-sized dogs (we have 2 yellow labs).

If you are looking for a pet-friendly hotel near the major highways, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Oliver578
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My flight was unexpectedly rescheduled for the next day out of Dayton. My suite was excellent, I felt pampered and enjoyed the brief stay I had, including the two mini bottles of wine I purchased at the front desk. The room was very clean, I enjoyed the clean dishes, and the overall set up of the room for my comfort. The front desk called me a taxi for my mid-day trip to the airport and all went well. It is well worth the cost, definitely recommend this clean, quiet and friendly place.

Room Tip: my room was in the "back" of the hotel, I was so tired the noise may not have affected me.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2012

If you have been to a Residence Inn before, you know the drill. Breakfast is included and it's not fantastic, but definitely a cut above a continental breakfast. You can make a dinner out of the food that they serve in the evening Monday-Thursday. Like all Residence Inn's they have real suites available with a separate bedroom so you can get away from your kids if you are traveling as a family. But this hotel has something that not all of them have... two bedroom suites.

I traveled with a friend to the Dayton Hamvention in May and I'm not keen on sharing bedrooms with people that are not part of my immediate family, so normally when traveling with a friend, I would have booked two hotel rooms. Compared to that, this Residence Inn is a real deal. We got a two bedroom suite for $120. That's $60 each... and you can imagine the quality of hotel that we would have been in for $60! At the Residence Inn we each got our own bedroom and our own bathroom. They were located on either side of a central living area that had a living room/dining area/kitchen. The living room even had a couch and a gas fireplace. The kitchen was reasonably equipped (including a full size fridge) so that we could cooked had we chosen to.

Breakfast was adequate... they had the requisite waffle machine as well as yogurt, cereal, pastries, toasting items, and some kind of eggs, potatoes, pancakes, etc. The latter were held in warming dishes and so were somewhat less than delicious... but this is typical. Because of the proximity of several Asian companies, they also had what I took to be a more traditional Japanese breakfast of rice, seaweed, etc.

The staff was very nice, the rooms were clean, and I really had no complaints. There was, however, no particular "wow" factor either. If you are traveling with your spouse or significant other, you're probably better off going elsewhere. But if you are traveling with kids, or, like me, the alternative is getting two hotel rooms, this is a fabulous deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends