“My husbands surprise 50th Birthday”
Review of Grange at Oborne

Grange at Oborne
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Oborne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“My husbands surprise 50th Birthday”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had a lovely time at the grange. Staff were really friendly and helpful and made my husbands party go really well. Food was lovely. All guests really enjoyed. Would definitely recommend for any future events.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank vanessa s

Dorking
“The Grange at Oborne”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I were taken to this restaurant by some friends for Sunday lunch. The service was friendly and efficient and the menu gave us a good choice for a Sunday lunch. The food was excellent and the cost what would be expected - not overpriced and probably less than would be expected for a similar choice in other places.
An excellent Best Western experience.

2 Thank DorkingRoger
“Anniversary lunch”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and ,I together with family and friends, really enjoyed celebrating our 40th Wedding anniversary lunch at the hotel, the food was amazing and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We couldn't have chosen a better setting for such a special celebration. Thank you to John and his team, particularly the excellent chef whose hard work behind the scenes were very much appreciated., for helping to make our day so memorable..

Winchester
“Excellent meal and good service”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We received a warm welcome and enjoyed attentive and excellent service in this quiet and beautifully situated country hotel restaurant. The food was beautifully presented and efficiently served - I had a delicately balanced salad of mozzarella and parma ham with salad followed by perfect scallops with bacon and a limoncello posset to finish. We then reclined in the cosy lounge and enjoyed some home made truffles with our coffee . Great attention to detail - my nut allergy was taken very seriously and I could trust that care was being taken. Very surprised by the negative reviews appearing on this site - this restaurant compares favourably with many local top quality establishments. We will return!

• Visited September 2013
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Lovely hosts, good food and great ale!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Grange is a lovely, homely place and the familiar style of welcome from Jon especially was much appreciated by us and our guests who were new to Dorset. Infact, Jon's tips for lighting a perfect fire have been taken home and used to wonderful effect!!

The Piddle range of beers from the Dorset Brewing Company are stocked here and are quite simply the tastiest around (I would go for a Piddle above the Jimmy Riddle though!).

The Grange has the unique ability to provide a first class fine dining experience whilst also catering well for a light lunch after a good walk around the area. I am very surprised to see the negative comments and since we have had such lovely meals here, and indeed been welcomed on every occasion I felt moved to review.

I have brought guests from abroad to the Grange on a couple of occasions now and every time they have come away with wonderful comments. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013