I stayed at the Grange for a night in early January and had a lovely time. It is in a fairly remote village with pretty surroundings and it is perfect if you are looking for a quiet, peaceful and cosy night away. I was impressed with the hotel straight away, we were greeted by friendly staff and shown to our room. We stayed in a superior room which was spacious with a large bathroom, powerful shower and nice views over the gardens. The only negative point was that the television didnt work, we pointed this out to staff as we left but it didnt bother us.
Dinner in the restaurant was brilliant. We sat by the fire in the lounge area while choosing what to eat and were bought olives and canapes. My partner and i really enjoyed the delicous food (and wine!) and the service in the restaurant was also very good. I would definately recommend this hotel, especially to couples. I couldnt fault it at all and hope to go back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grange at Oborne is a luxury country house hotel with eighteen bedrooms and an award-winning restaurant overlooking the floodlit gardens. Our quiet rural setting at the edge of the village is the reason why many of our guests return year after year to enjoy the peace and tranquillity that the hotel has to offer. It is a place to unwind, relax and regenerate. Family-owned and run, The Grange prides itself on its friendly staff. The Grange won Dorset Tourism's 'Best Small Hotel' in 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grange At Oborne Hotel Sherborne
- Grange At Oborne Sherborne