My husband and I took my mum, who is 83 and has difficulty walking, to stay at this lovely hotel. Nothing was too much trouble, the welcome was friendly and the service was excellent. We had rooms one and two on the ground floor. Room one is well adapted for disabled so Mum had that and we were next door. No stairs, straight out or into the bar, lounge and restaurant. Mum likes to eat her main meal early in the day so we only ate in the restaurant on one evening and, of course, for breakfast but the food was always perfect. There were lovely little touches like a weather forecast was put under the door of each room in the evening ready for the next day. The garden was lit up at night and each room had a detailed resume of the local attractions compiled by the owners. The hotel was very clean and the bathrooms were newly built wet rooms. My husband and I intend to return soon to fully sample the menu and explore further than we were able to this trip. I would sincerely recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grange at Oborne is a luxury country house hotel with eighteen bedrooms and an award-winning restaurant overlooking the floodlit gardens. Our quiet rural setting at the edge of the village is the reason why many of our guests return year after year to enjoy the peace and tranquillity that the hotel has to offer. It is a place to unwind, relax and regenerate. Family-owned and run, The Grange prides itself on its friendly staff. The Grange won Dorset Tourism's 'Best Small Hotel' in 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grange At Oborne Hotel Sherborne
- Grange At Oborne Sherborne