Best Western Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel
$73
Travelodge Wincanton(Wincanton)(Great Value!)
$47
Travelodge
The Preston Bed & Breakfast(Yeovil)(Great Value!)
$70
$58
The Crown Inn(Marnhull)
$124
$104
All reviewslovely hoteltucked awayfour poster bedfirst classroom was spaciousduckwedding receptiondinner menuwedding breakfastbeautiful countrysidebirthday partyoff the beaten trackfood was fantasticsmall hotelrelaxing stayevening mealwithout exception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2013

When heading down to cornwall for the bank holiday just gone, my wife and I found ourselves at a loss for a place to stay over night half way between London and cornwall. We got to Yeovil and every hotel we rang was full (about 9-10pm on a friday night) we eventually found this hotel via google and decided we should ring just to try our luck. Well I can honestly say our luck was in. Not only did they have a room but they went to extra mile to accommodate us. we were permitted to park just out front (I am registered disabled). They staff were extremely polite and went the extra mile carrying in our luggage even tho there was not much of it. Te room we had was very nice indeed, clean and quaint, with everything you could need for a stay. The building itself was not what I have come to expect from best western. It was very picturesque and in keeping with the original building.

The next morning the breakfast was just perfect with a nice view of the back garden. We will most definitely look to stay there again if we find ourselves in the area.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 9 and it was just lovely. only up a few stairs and just the right size for 2
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed two nights at short notice on the late summer bank holiday. Trust your satnav to find it but be glad you do. Book your restaurant reservation when you book the room as locals use the restaurant because they know a good one. The hotel management must have meetings to decide what nice little extras they can come up with. Not the cheapest hotel or restaurant you will find but you get what you pay for. Well worth it. Enjoy- we did.

Room Tip: We had room 11 where the en suite was a bit small but, hey, it was a late booking so it was what was available.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just returned from a 2 day stay at The Grange, where the hotel staff went out of their way to look after me. My schedule meant I had slightly out of hours breakfasts and dinner, but the chef and staff were fantastic, rustling up a delicious late meal on one night. The restaurant is excellent and highly recommended. My room was spacious and wonderfully quiet. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Having NEVER had a good experience at a Best Western hotel & knowing this lovely special hotel before being branded I was nervous of risking my time and money. My phone booking was handled with the utmost courtesy and due to the last minute nature of my intended visit a discount was offered, offered please note, I did not have to ask. Goodwill already sky high and I had yet to leave home!
If you don't like remote rural locations where you can actually hear the silence then stick to a city centre Travelodge.
The room was spacious and spotless, the food transcended your average hotel fare, fine dining almost.
We shall be back ASAP.

Room Tip: Spotted some balcony rooms at back of property - nice but I suspect all rooms lovely and no noise is hardly an issue
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had a two night special offer stay and were made very welcome. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was well presented and comfortable. The evening meals were very good especially the duck. Plenty of choice for breakfast, although the cooked breakfast was a bit greasy. There was a bad smell in the car park but didn't really effect the stay. Beautiful building great venue for a wedding. Lovely place to "chill out"

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends