Stayed here for a birthday treat. Yes it is a bit expensive but you get what you pay for. If you want something a little bit extra in the way of comfort and surroundings you will like it here. Staff will do their utmost to help, If it's not on the menu/drinks list ask, they will try to do it for you. Excellent food, such as wild boar & venison. Homemade jams at breakfast, and locally produced sausages etc. Local people drive from Sherborne to come here to eat it can get busy so do reserve a table!
We had a huge balcony overlooking the garden and had coffee & biscuits out there when we arrived, yes it is a small garden but very private not overlooked.
If you are very active ask at reception they have sheets to do some local walks, but the village is very nice just to walk around and they do have ducks walking down the middle of the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grange at Oborne is a luxury country house hotel with eighteen bedrooms and an award-winning restaurant overlooking the floodlit gardens. Our quiet rural setting at the edge of the village is the reason why many of our guests return year after year to enjoy the peace and tranquillity that the hotel has to offer. It is a place to unwind, relax and regenerate. Family-owned and run, The Grange prides itself on its friendly staff. The Grange won Dorset Tourism's 'Best Small Hotel' in 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grange At Oborne Hotel Sherborne
- Grange At Oborne Sherborne