“Reasonable food not great and not too bad the football on screens makes up for it” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Glasshouse

The Glasshouse
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

It's not the best not the worst the prices are reasonable the food is the same it's not microwave food but it's one step up. Plenty of screens to watch the football on which is a bonus and menu has quite a good range of different meals plus the special board is usually quite good. Sunday lunch is good value and good quality. It's different for a local and sofas are comfy.

• Visited August 2013

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Home made food cooked to perfection .friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I would recommend the glass house for a lunch time meal to all wanting good quality food cooked to perfection ,at a reasonable price. We were very delighted with meals. I had the haddock with stir fry vegetables it was a lovely big piece of fish cooked to perfection .which in our area this is hard to come by ,(good fish dishes) my partners steak was also a good size and cooked the same .the chips big brown crispy home made and moreish .thank you to the staff for a lovely meal we shall be back .

• Visited August 2013
Barnby Dun, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAUGE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

28.06.13
My daughter had driven up from London, so my wife suggested the three of us go for a meal locally, in the evening & decided on The Glasshouse. BIG mistake! Ordered our meal at 7.05, one hour later still waiting! Compained to the serving staff twice but received total indifferent, apathetic responces to the point of being downright rude. When our meals did finally arrive they were seriously inedible. My daughter went to the bar to complain &, before she even got back to the table, a member of staff had removed her meal. NO apology, NO - can we bring you another meal, nothing! Asked to speak to the Manager but was told he was in the shower! Fifteen minutes later again asked to speak to the Manager - again same responce - he's in the shower. Ended up leaving in disgust and hungry! The trouble is you have to order & pay for your meal in advance. Once they've got your money, thats it, they can serve you total crap with a 'take it or leave it' attitude which we found out to our cost. Checked on their website, which, clearly offers ' Excellant Food' & 'Michelin Trained Chef'. Quite honestly, I think they need to be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act. The sooner this place is shut down the better.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Peter Y
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWFUL! Avoid!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

After a long drive up from London went for a quick and easy family meal. Waited over an hour for our food - basic food I might add. When queried the waitress, she was rude and said we would have to wait another 10 mins as more food orders in front of us. No one else was eating. Asked to speak to her manager and was told he was taking a shower! When food finally arrived the fish was undercooked, the pie looked like dog food and my chicken fajitas were so overcooked it was like eating cardboard, with no seasoning and one of the side sauces tasted like it had gone off. When I complained again, the assistant manager accused me of being awkward and took my food away without asking if I wanted anything else, and walked off in the middle of talking to her. Her attitude was shocking. When I asked again for the manager i was told he was still getting ready. Wasn't offered a refund on food I had 1 bite of or any alternative. The only thing the horrid assistant manager said was that no one else had complained! Basically the worst dining experience and food I have ever had.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mly15
south yorkshire
“They can't even cook the basics !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went for lunch today and sadly we were served warmed up veg from the day before, all limp and over cooked, the cabbage was brown on the edges.
A sirloin steak that we asked to be cooked medium was served well done, we then had the ,embarrassing task of drawing their attention to this, which meant that my husband had to eat alone when the correct steak arrived, but you have to ask the question if the steak was fresh, it took 10 mins for it to be cooked medium.
We were disapointed and if you can't cook a medium steak to perfection on a Monday lunchtime when no one else was eating, then god help them when they are busy.
We won't go back, we will find somewhere else, we deserve better !
Why is it so hard to find anywhere decent to eat ?

• Visited March 2013