“Wonderful Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a little hidden gem that is well worth exploring (even though really pricey!)

The sushi here tastes very "pure" or as a previous reviewer stated "clean". The fish is phenomenal, and their specials are creative and well rounded.

The service is not up to par (we had to hunt someone down to finally take an order), but I have to admit they are very knowledgable, and their recommendations are spot on.

The atmosphere is made to imitate an Japanese sushi bar, and I just love the setting. Usually I sit at the bar, but either way it is always a great experience to come back.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Great sushi. Very knowledgable wait staff. atmosphere is way cool. prices are steep but worth the price. A must for any sushi lover in cleveland.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

You will never find it walking by or even walking straight up to it. It is down a little dark "alley stair" area next to another restaurant. You may feel like it is not the right spot, but it definitely is. Very good sushi. Waitress service was less than desirable, but I sat at the bar anyway. Counter help was great and prepared all in front of me professionally and impressively.

The Sushi was some of the best I've had. well done, I would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is go, take your time and try as much as you can. The fish and specials are phenomenal, the saki selection is extensive and the servers extremely knowledgable. Truly if it is your first, fifth or fiftieth time and you cannot decide heed the advice of your server. Plus the bar with the running stream is great. Really try everything, especially the specials (sea urchin and poached tuna, for example) Be adverturous and you will have an amazing meal and experience all around.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Which is great because that means more fresh fish, more turnover, even fresher fish. Yum!

So the nigiri is still good and I cannot get enough of it. Some of the items are geared toward a japanese palate so it has a gentle and clean flavor. Other items like some of the rolls and appetizers are more whimsical and would satisfy any non hardcore sushi dabbler.

The food is 5 stars but what could be better?

The bathrooms. I cannot stand that the towels to dry your hands are on the toilet tank. Please move them to the opposite wall in a closed dispensing vessel. I'm begging you.

The service can be slow at times. All 3 sushi chefs are busy and very accomodating but there are times we don't get an oshibori, no refill on water, no plates, long wait for the check etc. When we aren't in a hurry it's no big deal but if we are on a schedule then we most notice it. I don't think it's right to ask the sushi chefs to stop and get us plates, another cocktail or hot tea etc. so often I just sit there and try to flag someone down. It's just a minor thing for us but could definitely be a major thing to a lot of other people.