“What a lovely hotel”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What a lovely hotel”
Reviewed March 12, 2006

This is an excellent hotel. The location is very quiet, right on the campus of the medical university and well away from noisy roads. Although the building is not particularly attractive, the landscaping gives a restful air and the interior is well decorated in a modern style. Service was very good throughout our stay, though the breakfast was slow in coming. It was well worth waiting for, though; expertly cooked and served.

Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The two queen beds were heavenly--I wish I could afford to buy all the bedding, esp. the down duvet and pillows. The toiletries smell delicious--be sure to take yours when you leave. All the furnishings were above average and quite new. Although we didn't use it, the pool looked inviting. One black mark: The fee for using the business center to print our boarding pass was very high. Otherwise, this was a lovely stay and we highly recommend the hotel.

3 Thank Janeite

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed January 3, 2006

Four stars, above average rating is no mistake.
Neither is the report of vermin in the room.
We stayed in room 109 (first floor wing) on Friday night 16 December. It was below freezing outside which may bring vermin in. Early Saturday morning 17 December, we were awoken by the sound of a mouse on the entryway ice tub table trying to bust into some bags of snack foods. When we turned the lights on, it darted behind the television cabinet. The guests in room 119, a few doors down reported cockroaches.
The Hilton Toledo has always been one of the best hotels in the Toledo area and we won't hesitate to stay here again. It seems so nice and well-kept it was really a shame to run into the mouse.
On reporting this to the manager, we were credited for the stay; but we're still eager to hear of what corrective action is being done for the problem.
Perhaps the winter weather can bring vermin problems anywhere, especially a first floor area? That would be compounded by keeping snack foods in one's room? Those are therefore factors to keep in mind.
Recommend: checking with the management on corrective actions taken since December 17. Also check to see if you can bring a cat into your room?

• Stayed December 2005
9 Thank DarthAnonymous
West Orange, NJ
Reviewed December 24, 2005

Nice hotel, new, very friendly staff. Swimming pool and fitness room. Restaurant is not bad, though not too big.
A tunnel goes underneath the hotel all the way to the MUO Hospital. Also a shuttle bus service.
Large area to park.
Nice clean room with clean bathrooms.
All in all, a very nice hotel and stay.

1 Thank hzma
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 25, 2005

I came to the Toledo Hilton Hotel as a result of a business conference. I was the hotel arranger for 3 other families and we received great rates and excellent service. The Dana conference center is a wonderful facility and I would highly recommend this hotel because of the easy access to the center and the medical university.

My teen enjoyed the late swimming hours and room service was wonderful. My partners thought that their food prices were good and the food itself was presented by professionl staff. I felt very proud to say that I was a Hilton member. I hope you enjoy your stay as we did ours.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed October 24, 2005

Everything at the hotel was terrific! The room was beautiful, the hotel staff were very helpful, and the location to all of the local attractions was fabulous! (It is very close to the Toledo Zoo for one! heh) We stayed Labor Day Weekend 2005. I could not have asked for a better hotel. =)

The hot tub was out of order, but otherwise I shall not complain. ;)

I truly recommend this hotel. =)

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank Erin C
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 14, 2005

Stayed one night at the Hilton Toledo in October 2005 on a business trip. The first good thing was that even though I showed up at the hotel at 9 am due to being on an overnight flight, they were able to accommodate me and check me in right away (Silver Hhonors VIP probably didn't hurt.) Got a great room on the 6th floor with the most scrumptious bed I have slept in in years!!! Front desk staff very friendly and accommodating, the pool and spa were very clean and attractive, and the new 3100 restaurant is top-notch - almost as good as what you could find in NY or San Francisco in terms of design and selection.

There is a Wal-Mart and McDonald's right down the street in walking distance.

I attended a conference at the Wyndham downtown which didn't even hold a candle to the Hilton.

Really, just about the nicest smaller hotel that I have seen in this category or price range.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank Dominique47
South Bend Indiana
Reviewed July 31, 2005

Stayed at the Hilton Toledo in mid May 2005 with my wife and two boys. The hotel is in the middle of a renovation so I was a little scared, but really had no problem. Entry way and restaurant were under pretty heavy construction. We usually don't use the hotel restaurant anyway. They had put out free flavored water and honey grahams so my boys were happy. The room was very nice. We never did get the right number of towels which was a bit of a pain but the cookies they delivered at night were nice. The pool wasn't big but was in good shape and my little guys really enjoyed it. We stayed here and went to Cedar Point the first day. It took about an hour to get there but my boys wake up before they open anyway so we had breakfast on the way and then a fun day. The second day we went to the Toledo Zoo. It was about an easy ten minute drive from the hotel. I was suprised, it was a really first rate zoo. The hotel met our expectations for a Hilton and was very quiet.

• Stayed May 2005