“Don't eat at the restaurant!”

Radisson at The University of Toledo
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Oxford, Michigan
“Don't eat at the restaurant!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My family was here for the 4th of July weekend. We just walked out of the breakfast buffet after filling our plates. Noticed mould on the shredded cheese, lukewarm eggs, overdone bacon, faux French toast (cinnamon bread, toasted and kept heated), dry sweet rolls...the list goes on! Also, green mould around swimming pool because there are no floor drains at the pool edge. Rooms ok but overpriced, considering everything else. Free continental breakfast would've been nice at this price.

Stayed July 2014
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Deb M,
Thank you very much for your review of the Radisson Hotel at the University of Toledo. I deeply apologize that we did not meet your satisfaction as this is not our normal high standards that we hold ourselves to. I truly am sorry that we let you down but can assure you these matters have been addressed with the Food and Beverage Director, Executive Chef and the Restaurant Manager as this is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated happening again. I have also spoken to the Maintenance Department to ensure the proper preventive maintenance cleaning is being done regularly in the pool area.
Thank you again and I hope to see you again the next time you are in the Toledo area so that we can provide you the true Radisson Toledo experience.
David Conley, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
North Royalton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a "remade" Radisson, as the name on the sign is temporary and made of canvas. We checked into the Radisson for a softball tournament, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was decent size, had a mini-fridge which worked fine. Do not plan on watching TV, very basic and it is not in HD. The AC unit at times was very loud. We checked out on Saturday, in case we lost in the tournament, but made a reservation for the night in case we would win. The staff was very accommodating with this, when we came back, the bell hop was very helpful in taking our gear up to the room. We did not see any dirty rooms or carpeting, our room was well taken care of. As written before, one elevator was out of service on Saturday which made moving up and down to the rooms in the hotel very slow and tedious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear gcg3refs,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel and we appreciate your business.
Yes, we are a re-branded Radisson and the permanent signage has been ordered. Coming with becoming a Radisson, we are currently working with our free to guest cable TV provider on upgrading our TV channel lineup with over 40 all HD channels.
I am glad we were able to meet your needs with checking back into the hotel, the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff.
We look forward to hosting you again during the next tournament or visit to Toledo.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Hotel and rooms were clean. The staff was friendly. Appreciate the mock guest shop for incidentals. Tub doesn't drain properly when taking a shower. Room didn't come with both microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear SatisfactionReuired,
Thank you for your review of the stay at our property. We appreciate your business. Please contact me at David.Conley@radisson.com so that I can make sure engineering addresses the tub drain and why there was not both the refrigerator and microwave as those are supposed to be in each room.
Thank you again for your kind comments regarding the clean hotel and rooms along with friendly staff.
We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Toledo!
Hardyston Township, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night while passing through Ohio. Bit tough to find, but once we did we were pleasantly surprised. Hotel is tucked away on the college campus. Very nice - really nothing to complain about. Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfy. No surprises.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear adeluciajr,
Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am pleased to hear that you were pleased during your visit to the Radisson Hotel at The University of Toledo. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are passing through Ohio.
Again thank you for staying with us and for your business.
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Dirty and outdated. Someone's leftovers were in our room fridge. No complimentary coffee and breakfast not included in room rate. Only one elevator works so prepare to wait if you have members of your party that cannot take stairs. Hot tub broke. No easy access to free WiFi. Room TV was on its last leg. Motorcycle group staying at hotel used the parking lot at 2am for an exhibition which meant broken/no sleep. Bathroom very cramped. Outside appearance is just dated and dirty looking.
We travel and stay in hotels all over fairly often and I have to say that this was our first experience with a Radisson and will most likely be our last. Not sure if this is a management issue, a location issue, or just a combination of those and other issues.
Definitely not a good value for your money.

Room Tip: My tip would be to skip this hotel and find a nicer one.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mauibabies1
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Mauibabies1,
I deeply apologize for your unsatisfactory experience at our hotel, I can assure you that this is not a common occurrence at our location. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our cleanliness and service are usually top notch for our guests and I have addressed your comments with the respective department heads as I and the staff expect better than this. It is unfortunate that with mechanicals no matter how much preventive maintenance and service you put into equipment, you can never control when mechanicals will have issues and it usually is at the worst time when you need them the most. We are in process of repairing those items currently with our vendors. We do not include breakfast with our rate structure but we do offer a bed & breakfast package available to our guests to reserve for both 2 and 4 people. I am curious about the TV comment, as all of our 39" HDTV are all new as of January 2014, I have had our Chief Engineer look into the specific room that you stayed in to make sure that unit is working properly or will have it replaced immediately. I cannot apologize enough for the noise from a banquet event that we were hosting that evening.
I thank you for your comments and want you to know that they are heard along with being taken seriously as we are always fine tuning our hotel operations. I look forward to the possibility to have you stay with us again on your next visit to Toledo so that we can show your a true reflection of what type of hotel and staff that we are.
Milwaukee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our air conditioning did not work and when we told the two people at the front desk the said, "Oh, really?" And did not even bother to write down our room number. They were completely uninterested in helping. The pool was fun for the kids but there were no towels and the got tub was out of service. Double beds, not queens made it tight with two adults and two teens.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Hoffamily
David C, General Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Hoffamily,
I thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay with us in Toledo and sincerely apologize that you were not completely satisfied. It is not common for us to respond to your concerns they way that happened. As a staff, we all pride ourselves on our customer service and especially focusing on our guests needs first and foremost so again I apologize that this did not happen for your and I can assure you that this has been addressed with the staff appropriately. I have spoken with our Engineering department and they have addressed the issue with your air conditioner in the guest room you stayed in so it won't be a problem for future guests. We are in process of currently replacing the hot tub heater and this will be completed in the next couple of days. I agree with you with the beds and we will be replacing all of the bed sets in our two-bedded rooms with queen size in the rooms during our renovation this year.
Again I thank you for your comments and look forward to the possibility of hosting you again during your next visit to the area to show you are true and proper Radisson Hotel at The University of Toledo service!
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have stayed at most of the hotels in and around Toledo as I work in one of the hospitals one week out of five and live in Detroit. In some neither my pager nor my AT&T iPhone would work. Some are just too expensive. Many are noisy and in poor repair. This hotel is clean and convenient. Panera is very nearby AND they have a bars and restaurant and room service (although the wine selection varies with the bartender). Phones and pagers work. Internet is free and works.

This my choice now for the last year, and I see no reason to change.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael K
Thank you very much for your comments Michael K, they truly are appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to having you back with us on one of your next visits to Toledo from Detroit. I thank you for your comments regarding our wine selection depending on the bartender as I will be addressing this with our Food & Beverage Director and Restaurant Manager as we always want to be consistent in our service and expectations of our guests.