“If you like customer service, you will love this Hilton” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson at The University of Toledo

Radisson at The University of Toledo
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Blacklick, Ohio
“If you like customer service, you will love this Hilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

When I walked into this 4 star plus hotel, I was greeted by as many as four employees offering assistance. That's how my two day stay went. Excellent restaurant and service, professional and friendly receptionists, a bellhop ready to assist in any way and housekeeping personnel who do a perfect job. If you are staying there due to the very close proximity to University of Toledo Medical Center and have a family member being treated there, ask for the special rate of $79. That is another nice touch. Not very far from downtown Toledo and a few miles from the Ohio Turnpike and I-475.

Room Tip: Ask for special rate if you are visiting a hospitalized patient.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

bartenders are yin and yang so if u see a man go to doc watsons across street but if its women stay and get great service she won't ignore you give u wrong drink,bill or smoke every 20 min right out front door while u wait for drink he can't handle six people without messing up. Mondays free wings during game me and co-workers loved it relaxed and watched chicago dallas game chick took excellent care of us no problems. also don't order room sevice foreign kid will mess it up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hiltontol, Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
October 30, 2012

Tommy G

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at the Toledo Hilton. We understand that you had many choices in the Toledo area and are delighted you chose to stay with us. We do apologize for service you had received from 3100 Restaurant. It is not the type of experience we would like our guest to have and when brought to our attention we can address the issues. I will pass on your concerns not only to the Food and Beverage Manager but also to the other individuals you pointed out. Our passion is exceeding our guest’s expectations daily and to make everyone feel cared for, valued and respected! Again we apologize for the inadequate service level but we are glad you enjoyed the free wings and the atmosphere for Monday Night Football.
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here over the October 6, 2012 weekend for a family wedding. I wasn't expecting much but must say that I was pleasantly surprised. If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the University of Toledo health campus, this is the place for you as it is right next door to the campus. I have to admit that our trip was short, in on Saturday afteroon, wedding in the evening and check out by 8AM Sunday. Had I known how nice the hotel was, I would have arrived sooner. Tennis courts, indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and fitness room. The bath products were Philip Thomas Roth, the bed comfy and the right price. Only negatives were that the shower didn't have great pressure and the coffee pot was stacked to high for me to see what I was doing so I ended up with one very full cup of coffee and another very short cup.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is close to UT health campus. Area seems safe, well lit. Check in was quick and helpful. Room was clean and sell appointed. fast wireless service. good breakfeast. Hotel and a good excercise room and a pool.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here recently for a business trip and had fantastic service from everyone from check in, to restaurant and bar staff, and staff who took us on errands and a night out on the town. Our room was not ready when we arrived and they took our bags for us and sent us to get a couple of free drinks and appetizers while we waited. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area. The price was fair for the service we received!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Staying here with my sister who has an appt at the nearby medical center. This was a great choice-location and room quality! The quoted room rate was $119 per night, but we got a huge discount with medical appt. The medical rate for the room was only $79.00 per night. Definitely a good deal for the caliber of this room. The Hilton Staff we encountered we're all friendly and efficient. The bellhop was very nice and personable and especially helpful. He gave us a map, without asking, to show us where we were in relation to the medical center. After he brought our luggage to the room, he shared a funny dog show story with me when I mentioned I show dogs. I liked that he obviously enjoyed interacting with the clients he is serving. The room was clean, large and smelled fine (we ask for a nonsmoking room and this one definitely is:). The beds were recently updated and are Very comfy with four top quality pillows on each bed ( I am in heaven because I like lots of pillows.) and high quality linens and covers. WIFI Internet is free, easy to connect to, and and fast! (I have stayed at other places that offered complimentary WIFI that either didn't actually work or, if it did, was slow!). Microwave and fridge are nice to have. Only complaint was the drain in the bathtub. My sister was looking forward to a leisurely bath (her leg is bandaged so she couldn't take a shower) after traveling before her doctor's appointment, and the drain did not seal to hold the water in the tub:-(. I reported the problem. Other than that, very happy with our choice of places to stay!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked this trip to visit my Husband who has been working long hours and 6-7 days a week in Toledo while I am still at home in St. Louis. I was hoping to give him a restful escape from his much cheaper weekly rate motel, and allow us a chance to spend some much needed time together.

I was dissapointed.

First, when I booked the room, I was given the choice between a bed and breakfast rate or a regular rate - with an 11 dollar differential. I explained to the representative that my husband may not be able to take part in the breakfast as he may have had to work Sunday (and leave prior to the breakfast start time of 7AM) so I wanted to make sure that the breakfast rate would still be a value even if only I could have breakfast. I was told over the phone that the breakfast vouchers had a value of 19.95 each - deal! I said as I picked the breakfast rate. When I arrived however, I learned that the value of each voucher was 9.95 - not the 19.95 I was promised. This ended up not being a big deal because It turned out that my husband could enjoy breakfast with me - but if he had needed to go to work that day I would have been really upset at the false information that was given to me at the time of booking - and paying 11.00 for a 9.00 voucher...

One thing that was really nice about the vouchers was that you could use them for breakfast room service - BUT our room service arrived abould twenty minutes early and we were...ahem...naked in bed (this was after all a reunion weekend between husand and wife)...After my husband hurriedly put on clothes and answered the door after three knocks, the room service delivery person came all the way into the room - from the door to the window while I, naked, was hiding under the covers, rather than handing it off to my husband or bringing a rolling cart like we have had at other hotels.

Within a half hour or so (before 9 AM) the housekeeper knocked on our door to clean the room - we were to check out that day and requested a late check out (1 PM). Now, we had not put the do not disturb sign on the door, but the early knock wasn;t the problem (although it was annoying). I simply find it unacceptable for housekeepers to clean rooms in hotels before check out times or before they have confirmation that the people have checked out. The former guests should simply not have access to a room after it has been cleaned for the next customer. PERIOD. I had vague concerns about the cleanliness of the room when I checked in - water spots on the sink, open toilet seat, water spots on the toilet seat rim, a black hair on a pillow, coffee splatters on the clean disposable coffee cups in the room - but I wiped the concerning spots down and brushed it off...literally trying to just enjoy my weekend with my husband - the early housekeeping call really confirmed my fears that it was possible that my room had not been thouroughly cleaned after the previous guest.

My final bill was 179.00 after taxes. BTW this was the same amount that I spent a year ago on a night on the club level in the Peabody Hotel in Memphis (which included a wine happy hour and breakfast buffet and was a rate booked directly through the hotel) - that was a truly luxurious retreat in a hotel - in an arguably more desirable city. Instead of getting comforts commensurate with that price, I had an outdated TV that cut off the borders of everything that we watched (comical as it was to watch the "face the nation" logo and Bill Clinton's feet - while listening instead of watching an interview about the election - the TVs need to be brought into the present generation). We had a disgustingly damp and musty room - I kept on thinking the floor was wet as I walked around. And a TINY bathroom, my towel couldn't not touch the (possibly not cleaned after the previous guests) toilet while drying off after a shower.

In short, I will be back to Toledo several times over the next few weeks and the Hilton will absolutely not be a part of any future travel plans.

Room Tip: Dont Choose a room here - stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Helen B
Hiltontol, Front Office Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. We understand that you had many choices in the Toledo area and are delighted you chose to stay with us. We do apologize that you did not have a positive experience with us as it pertains to your guest room. I have brought those concerns to our housekeeping department. . I understand that cost was of concern and am sharing your feedback with the appropriate members of our team. I apologize for the miscommunication regarding the breakfast value but I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our room service offering. We usually encourage that guests utilize the “Do Not Disturb” sign to avoid disruptions. However, I’ve spoken to our staff about room service and housekeeping best practices so we can make improvements for the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will reconsider staying with us. Our passion is exceeding our guest’s expectations daily and to make everyone feel cared for, valued and respected!
Laura Roman